Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Annony Mouse growing pains

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

AJ 
Annony Mouse growing pains

Today in the Annony Mouse thread Griz added some rules. Rather than sidetrack that thread, and at the risk of being flamed I'd like to start a conversation. Many members have donated a lot of decks to the project, and I'm assuming money for postage, so an open forum discussion might be in order?

Adding rules to freely giving from the heart seems to go against the whole idea. If someone wants to send a packet to someone else and you don't have time, just have them contact the person themselves, take the Nonny association clear out of it.

Griz, you are to be credited for the original Nonny idea and getting it up and running.
Over that time I've also seen that you've moved multiple times, have a heavy commitment of child care, your own health is far from optimum, and your funds are limited.

Perhaps it is time to pass the wand on to someone else?
You have surely done enough to retire with a crown of angels...
Top   #1
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 

I've removed my latest two guidelines till everyone talks about it in this thread. Thank you for being concerned about me, AJ. I'll address those guidelines after I talk about something else for a little bit. I know it's a long post, but I hope everyone will please take the time to read it all. Part one is about what's going on/has gone on in my personal life recently. Part two is A. Nonny Mouse and the reason for this thread. I used asterisks to separate the two for those who don't have time to read both, though.

***I'm open about my life by sharing here. You're my friends (many of you) and we share with friends. But I don't share everything so what's seen here is what I feel appropriate to share at whatever time I post. If there's something going on that's stressful for me or extra tiring, I don't always probably come across in the best way, so what you see here at those times probably isn't an accurate picture of what's happening because I'm tired or don't have time or energy to go into it so you all just guess and imagine some of the details if you're that interested.

Whenever a family, or any group of people for that matter, undergo a big restructuring, there has to be some trial and error and re-planning of how things are going to work best. I'm not going to relate everything here about how this present arrangement came to be because it would take too long but in a nutshell, my daughter who is here with me now is the mother of the two kids I've raised and the grandmother of the great-grandson I've been helping with since we moved. She's mother of the baby's mother. We got this house together because she's been in counseling for quite awhile now, is clean and sober now, and has a good, secure job. Settling in, unpacking, etc. kept us busy enough to make life disorganized as can be at first.

The reason for this new arrangement was largely to make it a good situation for me. A way of repaying all the time I gave up in raising my daughter's children while she had big dysfunction in her own life. A place where I can have a garden if I want to (and I do!) and paint, write, roam around freely, have a settled life free of all the moving around and responsibilities I've had for the girls, and just live a comfortable life for however long it's going to be from now on. My youngest daughter has wanted to do this for me for years and finally can. My daughter had a week off in between contracts and we used that week to tie up loose ends so when I woke up this morning, it was to sunshine, a nice tidy house, my paints nearby and a canvas ready to be painted and Nonny packages in progress to be sent out . Nice!

I now don't have to help with Gabriel anymore except to get him ready and tuck him in at night because my daughter works evenings and I love rocking him to sleep. A family friend keeps him on weekends (he loves that because she lives on a farm and he loves her dearly) so I don't even put him to sleep those nights. I sure miss him when he's gone, though! (If anyone I know well wants to know why he's become his grandmother's responsibility all of a sudden, PM me and we can talk but I'm not going to post about it openly.)

I know I've said before "no more moves" and then ended up doing it anyway. The circumstances surrounding those moves is private and I'm not going to discuss it openly here. Like I said, I'm pretty open about my life but some things are not for posting on an internet forum.

***Now to those "rules". I've always had a structure to how A. Nonny Mouse works, if you read the first posts in the two threads. I don't know if you'd call them rules, but as it's grown I've had to structure somehow so that's what I've done. Recently I had a couple of instances where packages never arrived and in one in particular---which was undoubtedly my allowing someone without enough anchoring (I guess you could call it that) in the membership---the person just disappeared from here after a month, no package arrived as promised, and I never heard a word more. That left the recipient without a package. They'll get a package, but only after a long wait now till I found out. I wasn't too alarmed when I didn't hear whether it had arrived because that does happen at times. The recipient, for their own reasons, just doesn't post about it or PM me. I was upset about that and thought I should make a "guideline" about length of membership. That's where it started.

I don't ever want to exclude anyone from participating if they want to send anonymously through A. Nonny Mouse. The anonymity of the packages is a big thing in the magic that the program seems to carry with it. I could do all of it myself now, but I think not allowing others to send packages this way is unfair.

My painting, crafts, reading, writing and the A. Nonny Mouse program are my biggest pleasures. I don't do much else in the way of interests. I'm not a social butterfly or anything. I'm not ready to "pass the wand" yet just when I can finally devote time to that and my other interests at long last without all the heavy concerns I've had for the past 19 years with the girls. The fact that it didn't happen overnight when we moved here to this house shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who has ever moved. It takes time to get settled and going in a new direction because life goes on and other things interfere for awhile.

OK, that's about it. Thanks to anyone who read the whole post clear through as well as those who only read part. And thanks to anyone who contributes to the thread.
Top   #2
Citizen

NikkiB 

Griz you have my upmost admiration for all you have done and do in your personal life, yet continue with your selfless adminstration of the programme. Having both been a contributer and thrilled reciepiant of the programme I can only commend every aspect. I am happy to work within a framework which ensures fairness and supports the commitment of contributors. Life DOES sometimes get in the way, well it certainly does mine and I can see how it would leave people dissapointed if their package didn't turn up...
Top   #3
Walking the old paths

PathWalker 

All power to you Griz - if the system needs some strong guidelines, you do it!
Top   #4
Citizen

emmsma 

Grizabella, thank you for sharing with us about your life and situation and for all your hard work and devotion to the Nonny Mouse program.

Keep up the great work.
Top   #5
sporadic magic

Debra 

A lot of people have enjoyed the Mouse, that's for sure.

If I understand right, the main problem comes when Griz asks for someone's address, if they are down in the dumps and then nothing comes, then they might feel even worse. It's disappointing when you're expecting something that never comes.

Maybe we should brainstorm some solutions.

One possibility: At the very least, the potential recipient could get a card or note or poem, wishing them all the best from Ms Mouse and her helpers. If a package subsequently arrives from another member, that's super, but a simple message of good will can go a long way in raising someone's spirits, too.
Top   #6
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

You're doing OK, Griz. I didn't see the suggested rules - but still....
Top   #7
sporadic magic

Debra 

Gregory--read the one prior. By myself
Top   #8
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
Gregory--read the one prior. By myself
Ah. We cross posted and this connection is crashingly slow today... (Holiday weekend, I guess )

I didn't know anyone had ever been asked for their address and then not got anything - that would indeed be horrid. I have so far taken the line that when Griz has asked ME for someone else's address, unless I knew for certain sure that they would hate to be moused, it was OK to give it. Would others agree ? That way at least they haven't been asked and then been gutted. I do realise that that isn't always possible.

Were there any other biggies I missed while I was MIA ?
Top   #9
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra View Post
A lot of people have enjoyed the Mouse, that's for sure.

If I understand right, the main problem comes when Griz asks for someone's address, if they are down in the dumps and then nothing comes, then they might feel even worse. It's disappointing when you're expecting something that never comes.

Maybe we should brainstorm some solutions.

One possibility: At the very least, the potential recipient could get a card or note or poem, wishing them all the best from Ms Mouse and her helpers. If a package subsequently arrives from another member, that's super, but a simple message of good will can go a long way in raising someone's spirits, too.
That's an excellent idea, Debra! I'm going to see that I put it to use. That way, if no package materializes after a reasonable amount of time after the card arrives, then another package can be sent from here and if the first package does eventually materialize, then getting two packages certainly can't be a bad thing, now can it? I even have some cards with envelopes that my daughter gave me that are meant to be used as art cards and I'm a fair poet, so I can make cards and include a little poem along with good wishes from members of AT. I can even make the art work something to do with Tarot (just one idea) that the recipient could keep, frame and display if they wanted to. I've been thinking about creating some Tarot card scenes lately and that's a good way to put that idea to use. Any members who are creative or who have greeting cards or blank note cards they aren't going to be using are welcome to donate them, too, of course if they want to.

Thanks for the wonderful idea, Debra. And you're right about what the problem is, by the way.

Other ideas are certainly welcome, too, if any are forthcoming from anyone.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.