Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Annony Mouse growing pains

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post

I didn't know anyone had ever been asked for their address and then not got anything - that would indeed be horrid. I have so far taken the line that when Griz has asked ME for someone else's address, unless I knew for certain sure that they would hate to be moused, it was OK to give it. Would others agree ? That way at least they haven't been asked and then been gutted. I do realise that that isn't always possible.

Were there any other biggies I missed while I was MIA ?
I always try to be sure that the person whose address I'll ask gregory or anyone else for is someone who wouldn't mind my having it. And I ask gregory because I know her judgment is to be trusted. The same goes with anyone else I ever ask for someone else's address. The addresses in my files are ones I've been given before and I try to keep them updated as to when someone moves and may have an address change. If anyone prefers not to have their address given out, they're certainly free to say so and then I don't do it. I respect them preferring not to participate. That does happen sometimes.
Top   #11
Citizen

Bhavana 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
That's an excellent idea, Debra! I'm going to see that I put it to use. That way, if no package materializes after a reasonable amount of time after the card arrives, then another package can be sent from here and if the first package does eventually materialize, then getting two packages certainly can't be a bad thing, now can it? I even have some cards with envelopes that my daughter gave me that are meant to be used as art cards and I'm a fair poet, so I can make cards and include a little poem along with good wishes from members of AT. I can even make the art work something to do with Tarot (just one idea) that the recipient could keep, frame and display if they wanted to. I've been thinking about creating some Tarot card scenes lately and that's a good way to put that idea to use. Any members who are creative or who have greeting cards or blank note cards they aren't going to be using are welcome to donate them, too, of course if they want to.

Thanks for the wonderful idea, Debra. And you're right about what the problem is, by the way.

Other ideas are certainly welcome, too, if any are forthcoming from anyone.

Griz, if you need any extra cards designed/made, I can help you with that. Just let me know. I have all the supplies. Usually I make my own cards, but you can buy really nice blank cards, made out of quality drawing or watercolor paper, with envelopes of the same size. I've see them at Michaels and other such stores.
Top   #12

Grizabella 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavana View Post
Griz, if you need any extra cards designed/made, I can help you with that. Just let me know. I have all the supplies. Usually I make my own cards, but you can buy really nice blank cards, made out of quality drawing or watercolor paper, with envelopes of the same size. I've see them at Michaels and other such stores.
Thank you, Bhavana. I'd love to have help with that if you've got the time and would like to.

I think my daughter did say she got the cards and envelopes she gave me at Michaels. They're textured more on one side and grooved at the halfway point for folding into cards. Is that the ones you mean? She gave me about 15 of them and that's going to keep me busy for awhile because I'm so out of practice.

ETA: My daughter said they're not expensive at all. I think a friend of hers got the ones for her that she shared with me, but they come in a big box with a ton of them in it for a reasonable price, she said.
Top   #13
Moderation

The crowned one 

I have often wondered how one is chosen? Its seems foggy to me... Do we just recommend someone? Who decides? Inventory control? post costs?
Top   #14

Grizabella 

If you have someone in mind who you feel should have a package, you nominate them by giving their name to me and a little about why you feel they could do with a package. The information part is just to help me to know what sort of package is right for them. It isn't a matter of deciding whether they deserve one or not. It can simply be that you want them to have a package "just because".

Or if you want to send someone a package yourself but you want to do it anonymously, you let me know and if you need their address, I get it for you, I either give it to you from my files or request it from the person you want to send to under the "auspices" of the Mouse.

If you just want to participate by sending a package but you don't already have someone in mind, you can ask me and I'll choose someone from my list that you can send a small package to.

In the meantime, I keep my eyes open around the forums and if I see someone who could use a package, I make a note in my little file box and add them to my list of nominees. Believe it or not, it's extremely time consuming to try to keep tabs on everyone who may have posted about some topic that would warrant a package being sent and then keeping up with wishlists, too, to know what I could send that they'd most like in the way of a deck. Since I have a life outside of Nonny Mouse, I really appreciate it when people do some of that scouting for me and let me know to put someone's name on my list.

It's not a matter of "who decides" in the sense that one all-powerful person does the deciding and rejecting. In reality, the members of AT decide, ultimately. Anyone can make a nomination or send a package or receive one.
Top   #15
Moderation

The crowned one 

Ah, Many of us do not post our personal problems I suspect.

I think your system leans towards those that are more open with their problems and pains. Perhaps the occasional random draw?
Top   #16
Citizen

Bhavana 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
Thank you, Bhavana. I'd love to have help with that if you've got the time and would like to.

I think my daughter did say she got the cards and envelopes she gave me at Michaels. They're textured more on one side and grooved at the halfway point for folding into cards. Is that the ones you mean? She gave me about 15 of them and that's going to keep me busy for awhile because I'm so out of practice.

ETA: My daughter said they're not expensive at all. I think a friend of hers got the ones for her that she shared with me, but they come in a big box with a ton of them in it for a reasonable price, she said.

yes, those are the cards, and buying them is the easiest way to do it, because you have the envelope too. They cost around $6 to $10. I don't have any now, but can pick some up, maybe this weekend. I can throw a few together and send them off to you, so that you'll have them when you need them. If you like them, I can make more when time allows. If you know who the card is going to, I can look at their profile to see what their favorite decks are, or what their interests are, and tailor the card to that. I am not working yet, so I have the time for this right now.
Top   #17

Grizabella 

Thank you! I'm thrilled to have the help! Your idea about gearing the art work to the favorite decks of the recipients is great. I had thought of it but I'm not a really experienced artist and I'm out of practice for about 20 years now so I'll just have to stay fairly simple till I get back up to speed again.

My daughter gave me enough envelopes for the cards she gave me, so that's a help. I'm going to get some more, though, when these run out.
Top   #18
Citizen

Bhavana 

For our xmas card thing, I made bookmarkers for those on my list, using an image from their fav. decks, which I found out by reading their profile. Of course, these were copies of particular cards, but I believe it is legal to do that, as long as you are not selling what you make.
Top   #19

Grizabella 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The crowned one View Post
Ah, Many of us do not post our personal problems I suspect.

I think your system leans towards those that are more open with their problems and pains. Perhaps the occasional random draw?
Oh, of course. I pick people randomly quite often. As I've said in the preface post to the two threads, it's also geared toward new people trying to learn who don't have a deck to learn with or who don't have a very good one for learning or just as a welcome to AT. For special occasions like birthdays, etc. packages are sent sometimes. It isn't all for people who have problems they post. I just notified a new person yesterday that they were chosen for a Mouse package in fact. Sometimes I'll get a PM from someone who will say, "I noticed X has a certain deck on their wishlist that I happen to have so I'd like to send it to them anonymously." It's a very versatile endeavor.
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.