Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Annony Mouse growing pains

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

geoxena 

I'm new here, so can someone provide a link to the A. Nonny Mouse thread? This has me curious and I'd like to learn more about what it is, exactly. I tried a search but nothing came up. Thanks!
Top   #31
Star clad

Padma 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxena View Post
I'm new here, so can someone provide a link to the A. Nonny Mouse thread? This has me curious and I'd like to learn more about what it is, exactly. I tried a search but nothing came up. Thanks!
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=145355

Top   #32
Citizen

GryffinSong 

Its been a few years now, but I seem to recall that when I was going through cancer and got my first nonny mouse package, I didn't understand what nonny mouse was or how it worked. I also had a broken computer. Basically, when things get really, really bad, we often have no energy to acknowledge anything at all. I eventually got my computer and energy back, and figured it out, and thanked everyone. But I seem to recall there was a delay while I simply dealt with life.

Anyway, I love the program, and am glad its getting re-energized. Griz, I am so very happy for you that you're getting a nice life with your family. You deserve it, and I hope it works out as nicely as you deserve.
Top   #33
Citizen

celticnoodle 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
any new ideas? Should we start it up again, or let the idea die a quiet death?

To me the practical solution might be, if you see where someone could use a lift, ask them for the address yourself, and send a treat, little or small.
Nearly all of us have usernames so it is still anonymous if that is the way you want it to be.

Seems a whole lot simpler... and less hurt feelings because you can PM them directly and see if they got it. And you choose the situation, big little sad happy.
I like this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffinSong View Post
Anyway, I love the program, and am glad its getting re-energized. Griz, I am so very happy for you that you're getting a nice life with your family. You deserve it, and I hope it works out as nicely as you deserve.
Yes, I do too. When I was having a rough go of it, I also received a Nonny gift. It was a real nice gift that truly did lift my spirits. I also have enjoyed helping Ms. Nonny deliver gifts to others and thoroughly enjoyed that as well.

I had not heard anything about Griz--I hope this is new news and I'm so relieved and glad to hear it!

Also kudos to Grizabella for thinking of and getting Ms. Nonny Mouse going. She does deserve a lot of credit for all that!
Top   #34
Citizen

GryffinSong 

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle View Post
...I had not heard anything about Griz--I hope this is new news and I'm so relieved and glad to hear it!

Also kudos to Grizabella for thinking of and getting Ms. Nonny Mouse going. She does deserve a lot of credit for all that!
Oh dear, I didn't realize this was an old conversation. When I saw it come up in my recent post list I thought she had come back.
Top   #35
Citizen

celticnoodle 

oh, okay.

I had hoped that someone had finally heard from her.
Top   #36
Moderation

The crowned one 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Today in the Annony Mouse thread Griz added some rules. Rather than sidetrack that thread, and at the risk of being flamed I'd like to start a conversation. Many members have donated a lot of decks to the project, and I'm assuming money for postage, so an open forum discussion might be in order?

Adding rules to freely giving from the heart seems to go against the whole idea. If someone wants to send a packet to someone else and you don't have time, just have them contact the person themselves, take the Nonny association clear out of it.

Griz, you are to be credited for the original Nonny idea and getting it up and running.
Over that time I've also seen that you've moved multiple times, have a heavy commitment of child care, your own health is far from optimum, and your funds are limited.

Perhaps it is time to pass the wand on to someone else?
You have surely done enough to retire with a crown of angels...
I think we need to revisit this.
Top   #37
Walking the old paths

PathWalker 

TCO, am I right in thinking you mean we should consider continuing the A Nonny Mouse work without Griz for a while? I would certainly be supportive of the idea of getting the parcels going again.
Seems like quite a task to get things up and running again, anyone any ideas how that might be done?
Top   #38
Citizen

TinySpark 

hmmm, well in my knitting forum, there is something like this...

The main idea is that someone nominates a member of the forum to receive a package, it could be for any reason (i.e. to make a person smile who was feeling depressed, a get-well package to members with health problems, or even to celebrate a wonderful life event like marriage or a new job or a new baby, etc.). The first person to nominate a member of the forum becomes the host for their nominee.

Then the members who were nominated would be contacted and the host and would be asked to fill out a personal questionnaire that would be posted on the thread (if they wished to receive a package). The host would get their address by pm.

Anyone who would like to send something could either post their package to the host or the nominated member (depending on the nominee's preferences), and the host would mail the package to the nominated member by the end of the month.

Every month the host would change, always someone who was trustworthy and would be willing to pay the postage required. Hmm, that's a lot of rules, but it makes the whole thing a lot easier for the host since they are only hosting for one member and only sending one package.

I can't repeat the name of my knitting thread, since it's name was, LOL, a bit vulgar, but... it was very similar to this idea.
Top   #39
Moderation

The crowned one 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathWalker View Post
TCO, am I right in thinking you mean we should consider continuing the A Nonny Mouse work without Griz for a while? I would certainly be supportive of the idea of getting the parcels going again.
Seems like quite a task to get things up and running again, anyone any ideas how that might be done?

Main problem is all our eggs are in a missing basket I believe? We would have to start over for now, and I would think using a min. of two members to run it. Opposite hemispheres perhaps?
Top   #40

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.