andybc ebook

andybc

Sorry Lee.

I had a long chat with Amazon last week and they told me that all people should be given the opportunity (they cannot just change it, apparently) to have an up-dated copy by tomorrow (May 20).

In between the time I told them the book was being re-edited, and them receiving the new version, they changed their policies. They deemed that the new version did not significantly alter the content in terms of ‘reading experience’ (their words). It took me almost two days to reason with them.

I was meant to say on here what was changed but forgot.

Within the new version the GT chapters were altered for clarity and I also included extra information in the cards’ meanings based on queries I had had i.e. what’s the difference between the happiness of the Bouquet and Lilies, does the Cavalier always mean abroad when far, and then there are other more significant formatting changes.

So I would encourage anyone to have the up-date. Amazon said the only thing you would lose is your highlights.

As for what didn't go in:

I would have liked to have included three articles I’ve written for the Tarot Association of the British Isles, but the third has not yet been published by them, so I decided not to. I also considered including an extra GT method, but my new editor and I made the decision not to do so.

One thing I didn’t include, but considered in terms of historicity, was some of my research popularised cards takes - especially the Fox and work. Contrary to popular belief, the Fox as a “work” card is not consistently used in France nor does it originate there. It arises out of literature that was published in Belgium and then France, in the 1920s and 30s that had nothing to do with Lenormand or cartomancy.

I do intend later in the year to make the articles and some research available in pdf for free. Two people I know are researching the historical side of Lenormand and their findings are very impressive thus far and I think it's better to leave it them to reveal some of the reinventions.

Lee

No problem, Andy -- I wasn't complaining, just wanted to alert Kindle edition owners that
they'd have to ask Amazon for the new edition.

I'm glad it all worked out in the end, and I appreciate your efforts to improve the book.

3ill.yazi

Just got the new edition for Kindle. Couldn't beat the price.

Samweiss

I bought the book yesterday from Andy's website in pdf format and so far it seems excellent, especially for that price. It's my first book on Lenormand and I'm already learning a great deal. I might buy this in book format sometime in the future. It wasn't available yet in UK Amazon.

MissNine

Quick question...
Could someone tell me if the edition includes a past life reading spread and explanation?

Lee

For anyone who, like me, bought one of the previous Kindle editions, you can download the new Kindle edition for for free. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices, search for the book, it will have a button saying "Update Available," and you need to click on that. You will lose any bookmarks or notes you've made.

Aster Breo

Just bought this book. I have a VERY long plane ride coming up in 3 weeks, so I'm looking forward to reading it then. If I can wait that long... ;-)

h3ll0k1tt33

can someone post an updated link on amazon please?
i'm just getting a 404 on the original one and i'm not sure of the full title/author i should be looking for....