Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

A Square of Nine...

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Lenormand

Resident

Amg182 
A Square of Nine...

It was for personality overview. I charged the person card, then I shuffled & cut. The directions I followed said to turn the cards up, one at a time, until you reach the person card. Then, you read the 4 cards leading up to the person card & the 4 following.

4...PC...1

On one draw, the person card was the 2nd card turned. I had this...

1...PC...1

Now, if something like this happens, is it okay to pull the missing 3 from the bottom of the deck? Thank you.
Top   #1
Time Traveller

DownUnderNZer 

I would just redo it from scratch, but it is up to you.
Top   #2
Resident

Amg182 

That's what I ended up doing, it just didn't seem right to read it as incomplete. Thanks for the input.
Top   #3
Citizen

1Eleven 

Have you considered laying the topic/them card down in the center then dealing around it? I don't personally do that but I do think the 'charging' of a card in that spread is unnecessary. I'll occasionally use the 'opening of the key' spread (aka 'charging') when I want to look at 3-5 cards quickly. I did this recently for a gender prediction using the Storks. It works really well with a line or fan of cards.

Happy experimenting.
Top   #4
Citizen

Tag_jorrit 

Amg182, I completely relate to your frustration and questions. BTDT. What helped was finding traditional Lenormand methods to provide understanding and framework for the cards. There are a couple of courses that are out there that I found that teach the ways to use the cards and explain the ways and logic behind reading the cards you lay down.

The way I look at it is if I am going to seek guidance and insight from the cards, picking up a spread that confuses is counter-productive. The Divine has given me the answer and it's up to me to interpret the meaning.

I struggled for a couple of years with spotty results trying to learn from a kaleidoscopic assortment of books and blogs until I took a course. The step by step framework helped. Lots of things came into focus under structured guidance from an experienced 'traditional' teacher and others in the course where I was able to trust the source.

Best of luck.
Top   #5

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.