The Lovers or 2 of cups?

SirRushing

Have to disagree there, 2 of cups is not "just a lttle romance"

its a soul felt and beautiful connection and yea "profound"

Workable

The lovers is always a problem BIG TIME

From my experience, 2 cups is just sexual attraction, because when I do love/romance readings for myself, I get 2 cups a lot when meeting someone new and being sexually attracted to them, but no romantic relationship develops. There is no going on dates. Just acknowledgement of sexual attraction. I have gotten 2 cups with one past relationship where I didn't find out 6 months after that the man was married, and the relationship was unworkable, not due to the infidelity per se, but do the pyschological abuse he tried playing on me to keep me around after I found out he was married.

So a fail to believe that 2 cups means a significant love affair being had.

Maybe I am bitter, but 2 cups don't mean shit to me when I see it in relationship readings anymore, besides it meaning that you found someone that makes you horny, and you make them horny. Now if the relationship is just a mere flirtation and you will never see each other again, or it will be a long lasting marriage is something you need to find out with another reading.

SirRushing

But not necessarily lasting. I've had some very profound and beautiful 2/Cups connections. And then I've said good-bye, and they've said good-bye and that was the end of that beautiful and profound, soul-felt moment. Which was fine. We didn't need more than that. If we did...then we would have pursued it farther and learned if that connection could last beyond that moment. Maybe yes, maybe no.

With the 10/Pentacles, there's more of a chance of it developing into something lasting and real, rather than being just a moment. But by itself...by itself all it says is that you'll have that moment. :)

And even with 10 Pentacles, it is a lasting relationship, but a relationship not built on love, but built on financial obligations.

The man I just mentioned that cheated on his wife on me, I did a reading on them. Tarot said that his wife wanted a 10 Pentacles relationship with him. A week after I did the tarot reading, I found out he cheated on his wife before me, and he possibly cheats on her after me.

She is a doormat of such, and would probably stay married to him no matter how bad he treats her, as long she stays married and is not forced with the "embarassedment" of being divorced and being forced to enter the dating game all over again, if she feels her husband is the best she can get...well, I can see with her low self-esteem she will wants a 10 Pentacle relationship.

So basically a 10 Pentacle relationship is nothing to brag about depending who are married to, especially if you are doing single card tarot readings.

However, if you are pulling 2 cards, I guess the best cards to see is...

2 Cups + 10 Cups
2 Cups + 10 Pentacles
10 Cups + 10 Pentacles

I would even think that 10 Cups would be better seeing than a 10 Pentacles, since 10 Cups = happy home, while 10 Pentacles = long lasting relationship whether happy or shitty.

Jrr94

This is such a great discussion!

For me, the Lovers shows up when I am deeply, irrevocably attracted to someone. I use the Mythic Tarot- and in this, Jason has to choose between 3 women who each have their own unique skills/ beauty.

Once, it showed up at a time in my life when I was deeply unhappy in my life and marriage due to work. I wasn't looking for a relationship. When I saw the card, I thought I would have to make a decision between work and family.

A week later, a new guy at work shows up who is exactly my 'type'. We were instantly attracted to each other but decided not to do anything about it although I'm sure we both thought about it lots.

Agreed! I didn't expect this discussion to ignite such fire! So many opinions and perspectives and it's definitely giving me loads to reflect on :) I had no idea there were so many interpretations to these cards!