Multiple Queens in One Reading

intuitivetarot

I don't have a specific question in mind, but if you get a pair of queens in one reading, how would you interpret the individual queens and the dynamics of them together? In particular, Queen/Wands + Queen/Cups:

going after what you set your eyes on and developing your goals by using your intuition.

as 2 different people, maybe one individual will help you stay focused on your goals, while the other is just a friendly, happy individual you befriend?

Ankozakka

different opinions ?

I find it surprising.
I would beware of conflicts between opinions. as the queens are very charismatic as individuals.

nisaba

I don't have a specific question in mind, but if you get a pair of queens in one reading, how would you interpret the individual queens and the dynamics of them together? In particular, Queen/Wands + Queen/Cups:

going after what you set your eyes on and developing your goals by using your intuition.

as 2 different people, maybe one individual will help you stay focused on your goals, while the other is just a friendly, happy individual you befriend?

<grin> The only time I can remember that I pulled those same two cards in a RW-system deck, I was looking at the spread (which included the Chariot) when there was a knock on the door. I opened it, to find a homosexual couple, very close friends of mine, on the doorstep. They'd been driving not far away, and decided on a sudden whim to drop by at about the time I was pulling cards.

A pair of greatly-loved Queens turned up for the afternoon. I showed them the spread, and they fell about laughing. I didn't even have to explain the cards to them. :)

Laurelle

2 Queens could be different aspects of yourself.

With two queens we can get a friendship. If you are a girl, you could have a girl day outing with your best friend, whose a female.

Though with the Wands and Cups, I might see a little bit of conflict, which I might not see with a cup/pentacle.

Another thought popped into my mind. With two queens we can also get two different women. Say you are asking about a love interest and two queens pop up. It's tarot's way of saying that you are one woman and he's got another woman. I've had this come up repeatedly in readings.

intuitivetarot

I would beware of conflicts between opinions.

Oh definitely! Thanks for pointing that out because they fell in the 2nd position and 4th position respectively, with a total of 5 cards. And in between them is a page card. There were 5 cards in total and 4/5 of them are majors and 3/5 are court cards.

No Pentacles or swords though. It seems all about action and feelings/emotions/intuition.

I was actually hoping to reconciliate with someone, so could one of them represent the other individual?

intuitivetarot

<grin> The only time I can remember that I pulled those same two cards in a RW-system deck, I was looking at the spread (which included the Chariot) when there was a knock on the door. I opened it, to find a homosexual couple, very close friends of mine, on the doorstep. They'd been driving not far away, and decided on a sudden whim to drop by at about the time I was pulling cards.

A pair of greatly-loved Queens turned up for the afternoon. I showed them the spread, and they fell about laughing. I didn't even have to explain the cards to them. :)

Haha, wow, how literal! Do you remember what positions the cards fell in and how many other cards were drawn?

Thanks for sharing your experience--I hope it means that I get to befriend just as cool of a homosexual couple as your friends! :)

intuitivetarot

Another thought popped into my mind. With two queens we can also get two different women. Say you are asking about a love interest and two queens pop up. It's tarot's way of saying that you are one woman and he's got another woman. I've had this come up repeatedly in readings.

Yeaaaa...that's what I was afraid of.... :/ But I thought one of them would have to be reversed to be the other woman?

Well, without giving away the whole reading, the Queen/Wands was the 2nd card and Queen/Cupd was the 4th card and there were 5 cards in total. The card in between the two queens is a page card--page of cups, which I interpret as feelings just developing or reconciliation or news/message of love. Wouldn't the queens have to be ill dignified for there to be "another woman"?

Laurelle

Yeaaaa...that's what I was afraid of.... :/ But I thought one of them would have to be reversed to be the other woman?

Well, without giving away the whole reading, the Queen/Wands was the 2nd card and Queen/Cupd was the 4th card and there were 5 cards in total. The card in between the two queens is a page card--page of cups, which I interpret as feelings just developing or reconciliation or news/message of love. Wouldn't the queens have to be ill dignified for there to be "another woman"?

Sometimes this has been the case, but other times no.

Let me jog my memory....I had a reading about 6 months ago where there was a reversed queen in an affair spread. I believe it was the Queen of Pentacles. About three years ago I do remember a reversed queen of swords and an upright queen of cups. Queen of cups was the wife and reversed queen of swords was the other woman, who was apparently poised to fight.

That's a good point that you brought up. Though I do know that it doesn't have to be a reversed queen to indicate two women, but it does help clarify the reading. I would also read the reversed queen as her being greatly dissatisfied.

intuitivetarot

Let me jog my memory....I had a reading about 6 months ago where there was a reversed queen in an affair spread. I believe it was the Queen of Pentacles.
About three years ago I do remember a reversed queen of swords and an upright queen of cups.

Ah, yes! Thanks for bringing this up because I've read on one of this website's threads that Q/P is most likely to show up as the other woman. Pentacles represent earth, which they equated with the body and apparently makes her this "sensual" being. Well, I don't think Pentacles represent sensuality in a sexual way, more like sensual luxuries and material wealth and possessions--greed probably. Clearly, "the other woman" can be any ill dignified queen, as your experience proved to be true.

That's a good point that you brought up. Though I do know that it doesn't have to be a reversed queen to indicate two women, but it does help clarify the reading. I would also read the reversed queen as her being greatly dissatisfied.

Rx queens usually pop up for me to indicate very mean females. By ill dignified, I mean that the card is either reversed or is upright but is surrounded by just about negative aspected cards. I don't think any of the cards are necessarily ill aspected because the outcome says to use the wisdom gained from the previous cards--almost like a process because I keep thinking "process"--to approach another option. A sacrifice made to get a clearer understanding of who I am as a person and who the individuals in my personal life are and what role they played in helping or hurting me. So I think there's a lesson to be learned with this spread. Ensure" and "instill" also just popped to mind--like the goal is ensured, but something (a new perspective?) needs to be instilled with me to set boundaries(?).

nisaba

Haha, wow, how literal! Do you remember what positions the cards fell in and how many other cards were drawn?

It was years ago. From memory, I think the two queens were right next to each other, and the Chariot a little further away, possibly below them. :)