Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Epic Tarot Study Group

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups


 
spookums  spookums is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 19 May 2016
Location: DK
Posts: 908
spookums 
Epic Tarot Study Group


Hello!

I couldn't find a group for this.

I think the deck is absolutely fascinating. The images are full of life. Some of the cards seem to draw on rather different aspects of the usual meaning with its imagery too. It's not one of the easiest decks due to that - the imagery is very different from the RW based decks. The handbook that came with it seem to indicate the cards have a third aspect to numerology and suit - the court aspect, which could be quite interesting to study as well. I think a study group could really help with some of the cards.

So would anyone like to do this with me?

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/epic-tarot/
Top   #1
ceildric  ceildric is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 31 Aug 2016
Location: South Carolina, USA
Posts: 33
ceildric 

Definitely one of the better new decks I've seen, and probably would be at or near the top of the "fantasy" themed decks for me (I tend not to like most of those for one or more reasons). Though, I do question the vision of certain cards. The Eight of Cups in that preview, for instance, seems to envisage "regret" and a backwards looking impression, whereas I tend to see the Eight of Cups (in traditional RWS at least) as forward looking.

On the other hand, a card like that Phoenix (which I believe takes the place of a Queen?) is quite evocative in a different a positive way.

Unfortunately, I am pretty solidly devoted to completing the study group for the Dark Grimoire Tarot for the next month or two (I say unfortunately, but I really do love that deck), and don't have the money to pick up a new deck for at least a couple more weeks anyway.

However, if this gets off the ground, I definitely could make this my next deck to focus on.
Top   #2
spookums  spookums is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 19 May 2016
Location: DK
Posts: 908
spookums 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceildric View Post
Definitely one of the better new decks I've seen, and probably would be at or near the top of the "fantasy" themed decks for me (I tend not to like most of those for one or more reasons). Though, I do question the vision of certain cards. The Eight of Cups in that preview, for instance, seems to envisage "regret" and a backwards looking impression, whereas I tend to see the Eight of Cups (in traditional RWS at least) as forward looking.
I quite understand what you mean. The gist of 8oC in this deck, according to the handbook, is walking away from something your heart desire for greater good. However, some cards still baffle me at times - for example, the 6oC shows 2 people, one person holding an object and the other pulling it away. Not quite what you'd see normally with all the children giving flowers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceildric View Post
On the other hand, a card like that Phoenix (which I believe takes the place of a Queen?) is quite evocative in a different a positive way.
It is indeed the Queen! And you're quite right. Take 10oS, for example. It seems to highlight the clarity that comes from good communication, the end of conflict rather than being completely down in the dumps. No imagery of anyone being hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceildric View Post
Unfortunately, I am pretty solidly devoted to completing the study group for the Dark Grimoire Tarot for the next month or two (I say unfortunately, but I really do love that deck), and don't have the money to pick up a new deck for at least a couple more weeks anyway.

However, if this gets off the ground, I definitely could make this my next deck to focus on.
Oh well! I do hope there's some people who would like to look at this deck though. It's so unusual but at the same time extremely captivating. It immediately caught my eye with its imagery and while it might be a bit challenging at first, I do think it can overall help to learn about further meanings of certain cards as it draws on the more rare ones at times.
Top   #3




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.