Doreen Virtue's Conversion

greatdane

Next up, Oracle of the Marsupials....

Disa

I still don't understand where the "conversion" is coming from? If she is converting then I suppose she couldn't do oracles OR Tarot.

I do see that her oracle decks have helped people who need a very delicate message. I don't read oracles often, and certainly not hers.

Oracle of the Reptiles, if developed, I might read- but the fluffy bunny stuff is not for me.

Alta

Oracle of the Reptiles, if developed, I might read- but the fluffy bunny stuff is not for me.
It may just be early morning, that struck me as hilarious. Honestly I think that I would buy that as well.

I tried to follow the 'conversion' links but she writes in what seems to me as 'double-speak'. It really is not clear which decks she no longer wishes her followers to use, except (apparently) Ascended Masters. personally, though I have not used either deck for years, I only like Goddess Oracle and Messages from Your Angels.

It isn't that she doesn't occasionally do good work but that production line effect.... whew.

MizGrace

certainly banging out the decks fast there! I have noticed something about the newer decks I bet you see it too, the collage cut and paste as if old magazines have been glued down on a page with pastry glue.
The Arch angel oracle had less of this a few scattered here there but original paintings. I wonder on the Animal Oracle is it mainly collage images or more indepth.

I dont mind Doreen. I am Christian yet I am C.O.E I was brought up this way, yet my church I have explained I do like tarot and oracles, I didn't get anything negative said to me at all to me yet my church when I go to it is less strict. I admit I am not a church goer in any sense.
I was as a child forced to go listen to bible stories to give mummy some quiet time as all the children in our school went it was the 'ship off place for mummy's quiet time in afternoons' or grannies tipple time as I called it, is mummy watching? no ill brew my tea 'name it grannies special tea'. except it was more of the special stuff than the tea in the cup. mum would say, gran would like some TEA TO GO WITH THAT? granny would then snooze while listening to country and western on grannies headphones and get told off by mum for not putting the washing out oops! I'd try to hang the washing out for gran using her poof when asleep from under her feet ( poof foot stall), as we called it! and hanging things be sleeves on washing line. Mum use to just think Gran was very tipsy and hung them wrong. Gran would check line and go OOOH. my brother once used that foot stall as a rolling rock and rolled over my barbie Ferrari which then had 3 wheels and one which didnt move with masking tape. I had to lift the car like back to the future to take it anywhere.

My family were pretty open minded with spirituality and brought me up chose your faith yet Christianity should be a basis to who and what you are, yet I'd always say mum im not a Christian, 'yes you are because you do good things before thinking of yourself!' darn it couldnt argue that one!

Christian can be what we do for others not just for ourselves helping strangers anyone in need. Perhaps just perhaps that is where Doreen sees herself as Christian yet I can not surmise on her beliefs as, I am not her. I dont dislike her, think a place for any kind of decks. She just got lucky with who she knows and fan base as to how many decks can make and what she can produce.

I get back tracked when I think of making a deck from my sketchs as, I think of the monopoly out there and say even with kick starter it wouldnt happen. I get discouraged and admit it is people similar to doreen who make me feel that way. Not jealousy just how can you compete with it? how do you find your neiche? when the market is so diverse and there is a lot of people deciding on the same ideas.

I admit I love cat decks and go awww that most people do! they are cute fluffy funny. definitely an animal lover! yet I od have the buddhist feeling when I accidentally kill an insect I get the guilt enter me. I dont like to do that, rather put them outside. yet heard throwing mr spidey out the window of the bedroom...over many years doesnt save their lives.He can't fly he's not superman! infact it does the opposite, he doesnt save self like spiderman in most cases. no wonder my Karma is so messed!

happy to give people a giggle at my life.

MizGrace

willowy

I too, watched that video in which she told her customers to get rid of The Ascended Masters book and cards. She also spoke very directly to her gay audience. Very fishy that the video has been removed. She said that a lot of the new age community "cherry picks" only the love and light from the bible. This angered me because fundamentalists also "cherry pick" and in my case, more so than the new agers. Anyway, all of this inspired me to leave some comments and questions on her instagram. I am very interested in what this means for her cards because she has at least 3 decks coming out this year. I find it hard to distinguish between her sincerity/integrity and her marketing techniques. Guess we'll see.

So it is true...Very sad about this,I really found Ascended masters book helpful,and those cards are my favourite of hers,containing all different deities and beings in harmony with each other-how all the worlds religions should be,rather than arguing whos right,very sad they're going to be changed,may get a spare.
Wonder if Goddesses cards will be changed too?

gregory

BScotty - is the video perhaps still up on the wayback machine ? ETA not that I can find - but I only have a secondary link...

I've never seen Ascended masters, but if that's what it's like, I regret their passing, too.

greatdane

The more I read about the infamous video, the more I want to see it. PERHAPS that is why it was taken down, look at all the chatter about it and her. It is strange she would post something so controversial, how many designers say TOSS THIS DECK of mine, and then...poof, it's gone?

From what I have read posted both in AT and on youtube from people who have seen it, it seems to contradict what she has built her fortune on. But then...it was removed, so hard to confirm exactly what I would think.

Anyone who would post a video like that, and then pretty quickly remove it, does indeed make me wonder where they stand and their motivation. I would think she owes it at least to her fans who have made her wealthy to make her position clea,r and if she is so sincere about her new path, to let it clearly be known and stand behind it.

I keep watching this thread to see if someone unearths something more.

gregory

The more I read about the infamous video, the more I want to see it.
Me too :(
From what I have read posted both in AT and on youtube from people who have seen it, it seems to contradict what she has built her fortune on. But then...it was removed, so hard to confirm exactly what I would think.
To be absolutely fair - what else do you do when you have an epiphany of any kind ? On a teeny weeny scale for comparison, some older members may recall MOI and the Mystic Faerie tarot, which I had bought because I Am A Collector. I ridiculed it all over this forum. I was quite incredibly rude about it. Till the day I read with it on a bet.

So - here somewhere is the post where I came to recant. I took back every nasty word I had said about it. As I recall, I almost grovelled. Same kind of thing - but as it was a small thing, and I am not the owner of a retail empire, no-one would notice.

Even so - if one finds one is wrong and says so - that shows a degree of courage. In this particular case I would want to see the video before saying she's doing anything wrong in it.

greatdane

EXACTLY, Gregory!

That's why I put But it was removed...so hard to confirm exactly what I would think.

But for people to BE fair, the video would have to be put back up or she has to post SOMETHING. I just find it...confusing. There is no clear THIS is where my path now is, get rid of this or that, UNLESS it is posted somewhere. It has to make one wonder...what is she thinking and her motivation. I think wondering is natural when there is so much hoopla when someone well-known re decks, whether one is a fan or not, posts something controversial and then stays silent.

I WANT TO SEE THAT VID, GREGORY! :) Or at least see some posts from her about it.

Maybe Hay House disapproved? Maybe contractually anything that affects what they sell of hers is bound to their approval? NOT saying that is why, just wondering. It was up and down pretty fast.