All about Lenormand Cards

Aristede

Seaqueen said:
The King of Spades- can represent an older man, someone reliable and who is interested in maintaining balance within the family circle. He can the head of a household but in a different capacity than the King of Hearts (House card).

Hi Seaqueen,

I had never considered reading the House card to represent a person. Now I'm fascinated by the idea that any one of the court insets could possibly represent a person in the querent's life. In your experience, do you consider all of the Lenormand Courts as possible people in your readings, or only certain ones?

Thanks, :)
Aristede

Bernice

Of all the 36 Lenormand cards which one do you find the most challenging to interpret and why?
The Ship: Because it can mean someone/something at a distance, or a job involving travelling about, or just a journey, or extensive commercial dealings.... It bugs me.

Bee

Seaqueen

Aristede said:
Hi Seaqueen,
In your experience, do you consider all of the Lenormand Courts as possible people in your readings, or only certain ones?

Thanks, :)
Aristede

Hi Aristede,
Yes I do consider the Lenormand Courts to represent people. That way you can achieve a 2 level meaning. Sometimes the suggested core meanings just aren't enough information and by incorporating the personality of the Courts it gives a more rounded interpretation.

I have found though that the standard cards 6-10 don't always match the actual image on the card but in some cases they do.

The Mystical Lenormand does not have the insets but does have the Astrological glyphs which add much information pertaining to the Zodiac signs and planets -and this gives a deeper meanings for the cards.

When you have a good understanding of the standard playing cards you can form your own "cocktail" meanings, a little bit of this and a little bit of that and a lot of intuition.

Seaqueen

Bernice said:
The Ship: Because it can mean someone/something at a distance, or a job involving travelling about, or just a journey, or extensive commercial dealings.... It bugs me.

Bee

Hi Bee,
Reading the Lenormand or Zigeuner sibilla style cards can be exasperating. It's like that in Astrology too. For example, House 3 can signify a brother or sister and a neighbor, short distance travel, communication and the mind, electrical things. When a planet is in this house it will not necessarily trigger all the associated meanings of House 3, some are influenced more than others.

In reference to the Lenormand SHIP card it's primary meaning is travel or things in motion. When taken into combination you will be able to decipher the most appropriate meanings.

Another way to read the SHIP card is to use all the core levels of meanings. Use each meaning and apply it to the adjoining cards.

The best way is to take one meaning and expand on it. Then move on to another meaning of the card and expand it by taking nearby cards into consideration. You will find that the meaning of the SHIP card changes to form a new meaning.

Do you have an example of a combination of cards using the SHIP card that you'd like to discuss a little further?

Bernice

Using ASS deck

Hello Seaqueen,

Thank you for your reply. Here's the cards I drew. Has she gone off abroard, or is she closeted in some hospital?

I have some concern for a young female relative. A previous spread some time ago suggested she was in trouble, it proved correct. However, I have vey little (almost nil!) contact with her and recently wondered at her current situation. She lives away from home. These are the 3 cards (past, present, future):

18 Dog - 3 Ship - 32 Moon

I laid another card beneath the Ship for clarification = 19 Tower.

This didn't do much for me, so I added two more cards either side of the Tower, so now I have:

18 Dog............03 Ship........ 32 Moon
09 Bouquet......19 Tower......17 Stork

My thanks. Apologies for late reply.

Bee