Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

AnneLien

I'm so trying to like the Daughters of the Moon tarot... but I think I might regret buying it anyway.

BeyondtheVeil

Decks that I wish I hadn't bought...

Hmm.. where to start? :laugh: It isn't that they were horrible or anything.. I just didn't connect with them like I thought I would.

I wish that I hadn't bought or traded for....

Animals Divine Tarot
Goddess Tarot
Harmonious Tarot
Karmasutra Tarot
Morgan-Greer Tarot
Parrott's Tarot
Rider-Waite Tarot
Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg
Tarot Art Nouveau {LS}
Tarot of a Moon Garden

There is this oracle that I bought and gifted to someone. It was clearly meant for her. The funny thing is.. I can't even remember the name. :laugh:

BTV

damo

This thread was a good read.I am quite picky when it comes to buying but about 3 or 4 have been mentioned in this thread.I like the Dark Grimoire and the Necronomicon deck, something draws me to the darker imagery. I have never physically held the Deviant Moon deck but funnily enough my instinct has always been negative towards it.There are underlying reasons for this but I will keep them to myself. Legacy of the Divine, I havent had a chance to look at it too deeply yet but it was the bells and whistles look of the cards which urged me to buy it.The other one that was listed in the thread was the Sweet Twilight. I find the imagery and colour very lush in this deck and a bit of a breath of fresh air really.Each to their own though eh.

Debra

They're in my profile, marked with a * to signify "Needs a New Home."

jcwirish

Regrets... I got plenty, but we're talking about tarot decks, right? :D

Robin Wood
Rumi
Thoth
Victoria Regina (2nd edition)
Mystic Feary (or something like that)

I'm sure there are others I don't remember.

BeyondtheVeil

jcwirish said:
Regrets... I got plenty, but we're talking about tarot decks, right? :D

:laugh: You are too funny! :heart:

Pam O

Carla said:
I wish I hadn't bought Bright Ideas Deck. I'm thinking of just tossing it in the bin, to be honest. I also wish I hadn't bought Housewives. I can't get rid of it in trade or sale, and it's in perfectly good condition, but it is wasting space in my home and I actually actively dislike it at this point.

I have a friend who has been talking about the Housewives deck. If you PM me, I think she would enjoy giving it a home.

I have the Bright Ideas too, and I am just waiting for the inspiration to use it, which has not hit yet...

Carla

Pam O said:
I have a friend who has been talking about the Housewives deck. If you PM me, I think she would enjoy giving it a home.

I have the Bright Ideas too, and I am just waiting for the inspiration to use it, which has not hit yet...

I have already traded away the Housewives for the Herbal Tarot. You may like Bright Ideas. I couldn't get past the key words, so I trimmed them off, and I don't like it any better without them. I just really dislike the artwork. The only thing I've found it useful for is straight job-related/business queries.

ilweran

Londa Tarot - could get nothing from it except a need to get everyone in it to eat a good meal. Gave it away.

Hanson-Roberts - sickly sweet, made me feel ill. It did at least go to good home as I gave it away to someone who gave it away to someone who loves it. De-enabled me from the RWS recoloured by the same artist.

Gendron - aspect ratios wrong! Arrggghhhh :( Traded it here.

Tarot of the Spirit World - couldn't live with the setting the image within larger version of same image thing. If they'd just used a slight blur it would have been fine. Gave it away.

FadeToWhite

Traditional Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot. I know that most people consider this a classic, and I loved the line-art and design, but I found the colors flat and ugly and just couldn't connect with the deck. Then I saw someone's Universal Waite cards and thought "THAT'S what I'm looking for!" So now I have two Waite-Smith decks. I use the Universal one much more and I love it. But the traditional "original" RWS lives in my "unused Tarot decks" drawer.

I would also say I regret buying the Jonathan Dee deck, except that that was my first deck, so I can't really diss it. Besides, it forced me to really, really learn the pips, because in that deck, they are just pips - no illustrations, except for a couple of cards. I keep it because it's a precious piece of nostalgia - my own personal 6 of Cups. :)