Can crystals resent you?

Audelia

It's a weird title, but a serious question :) Allow me to explain - when I was younger I started collecting crystals. I didn't know anything about them really other than I thought they were pretty and sadly I never bothered to learn their proper uses (something I regret given how much I love working with them now!).

Anyway, I recently found a stash of old crystals from my original collection on a visit to my parents house. These poor crystals had been stuffed in an old box in a dark, forgotten corner. I feel very guilty about this.

I brought them back to my home, gave them a cleanse and sat them out in the full moon earlier this week. I know that crystals can hold on to things and I'm wondering - is it possible for them to resent you or will they always be happy to help you out?

Maybe I should apologise to them? :)

This question also goes to the crystals in my current collection that I don't work with that often. I'd hate to think that they're unhappy! I have quite a large collection now and I have my favourites that I work with regularly and then the ones that I work with not so regularly.

Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

Onion Budgie

I'd imagine that your crystals are just feeling happy to be out of that dark, dusty box, and back with you again, especially now that you're treating them so well, with cleansing and moonlight, and all of that good stuff! :) A few repeated cleanses should get rid of any residual energy, but I'm sure they don't need it.

Your story reminded me of an instance when my father came to visit, bringing with him a clear quartz cluster that he'd had stored away in his garage for literally years. He knew that I loved crystals, and he wondered if I would like it. He unwrapped it from its plastic bag and handed it to me. And WHOOSH! Almost immediately, tingles in my hand and up my arm, and to my ear, giving me an earache. It was as if this crystal was saying "I'm FREE! I don't wanna go back in the bag in that rotten garage! I wanna live with you now! See how grateful I am!" :D

Padma

When you consider how long crystals may remain buried in the earth, how old some of them *really* are, I wouldn't worry too much if they were resting in a box for a while. :) what seemed like years to you likely felt like no time at all to them.

And I am pretty sure crystals don't hold grudges. They have a way of finding where they need to be, and who they want to be with, in any case! I have a theory that we do not chose crystals, they choose us...I am sure your crystals will love you and work with you all the same!

celticnoodle

I think it is a good question and what a lovely story about how you first came to them. You were attracted to them. You LOVED them, and collected them. They were your treasures. I think just because you didn't understand and use crystals the way some people do, it doesn't mean you didn't appreciate them. At the time, you only appreciated them for the beauty they possessed. They knew this--and so now that they have been reunited with you--I am sure they will be very strong, positive crystals and work very well with/for you. Especially as you now understand them more, now.

No, I can't imagine they would hold a grudge. I think they may be more likely to be working harder for you now that you are reunited again. Keep us posted on this if you do use them for special things. :) It shall be interesting to hear updates on these special and well loved crystals.

celticnoodle

Onion Budgie, I loved your crystal story too. What a lovely gift from your dad! :)

Audelia

Thank you everyone - so interesting to hear your replies. Unfortunately I'm not that sensitive when it comes to the energies of crystals (never have been) so when I first got them back I tried sitting down & holding each of them to see what I could feel & I got zilch. This made the idea of a grudge pop into my head lol

I'm going to apologise to them individually tonight & give them a nice little buzz of Reiki. I'll keep you updated on anything that happens :)

Onion Budgie

Thank you, celtic, and yes, it was! I have the cluster sitting on the table in front of me now, along with my skulls. It's beautiful.

Audelia, some of my crystals are quiet too. There are a few that I've not been able to coerce a squeak of energy from. In fact, I have a tiny clear quartz skull that I named Squeaker, purely because of that fact. He's the strong, silent type, I guess. :D

Padma

Since the guilt feelings emanate from you, Audelia, perhaps you will feel better once you have forgiven yourself :heart: I am sure your crystals love you regardless, and will no doubt enjoy the extra attention, anyways!