Cartomancers - What Playing Card Deck Do You Use?

Chronata

I have several beautiful playing card decks that I use when I do cartomancy readings...
One is an art nouveau, and the other one I use often is very renaissance...
(I scanned them...see below!)
What I love about them is how each suit is very different, and how well the court cards go together.

I think these were both US Games decks at one time...but I never did know what they were called.

I also love transformational cards...like the Keys to the Kingdom...
can be read like any intuitive oracle as well as read with standard playing card meanings (if there is such a thing! :D)

Attachments

• art nouveau cards.jpg
    art nouveau cards.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 235
  • ren cards.jpg
    ren cards.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 239
  • key to Kingdom.jpg
    key to Kingdom.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 230

Phoenix Rising

HI Chronata

I particularly like the Nouveau Art Court cards. Not particularly the last one though.
I didn't know you did cartomancy readings.

felicityk

I discovered the Pippoglyph deck independent of this thread and ordered 3 decks, which are on the way. :)

Felicity

Logiatrix

Phoenix Rising said:
...I forget the author of the Playing card deck Lisa uses. Gypsy or Witch fortune telling deck (the backs are purple with a design "similliar" to the Star of David)...
Sounds like the first edition of Buckland's "Gypsy Fortunteller" deck. Very cool deck!
:)

Joermit

Just got my pippoglyph decks in and I love em!! they're gorgeous! they will have the priviledge of sharing my bed for the next week or so... well, just one of em... lol... really, very well done playing cards... very excited to work with em... the enchanted glyph was very fast in shipping as well, and very polite via email... great company to work with...

Joey

Logiatrix

All these different decks mentioned make me want to look over my little collection now, LOL.

I also have Jane Lyle's set, but I only vaguely recall the deck. Now my interest is piqued. Here we go again...I just scaled dow my tarot decks, but playing cards just may become a whole new obsession for me!
;)

Joermit

Yup... it was quick! They read wonderfully too (not that they really wouldn't)... great cards!! lovely backs too... thanks!

Joey

thinbuddha

I am in love with my "1864 Poker Deck" by US Games. It is a reproduction of a Civil War era deck produced in the US. The face cards are familiar, but different enough to be really interesting. None of the cards have indicies, so you have to learn how to distinguish the pips by their pattern (not too hard).