Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Wrong Rising?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Astrology

Citizen

punkangelgcm437 
Citizen

Wrong Rising?

Hey yall! I know I haven't been on the boards much, been busy with school and stuff. Life gets hecktic when you barely got time to sleep. Heehee.

Anywayz, I got the new issue of Teen People cuz it has astrology stuff in it and it recommended a site astrocenter.com. Doesn't look too bad. So I decided to make alil profile thing and when I entered my birthtime, it said my rising is a Leo. But that's not true cuz on other sites it says I'm a Sagittarius rising. What do I do to fix it....or am I really a Leo Rising? Helperz!!

~Sarah~
Birth Info: October 7th, 1987 @ 12:55PM in Kokomo Indiana USA
Top   #1
Citizen

isthmus nekoi 
Citizen

hi punkangel!

I'm not sure how much cred the astrocenter site has, but the problem may be w/the software.... not sure how you could fix it...

I'm pretty sure you're a Sag ASC, esp if many programs have verified this.
Top   #2
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz 
Student of Astrology

Punkangel,

You entered your birthtime as 12:55 AM, NOT 12:55 PM - the twelve hour difference changes your Ascendant (to the incorrect Leo).

This is the most common error (I've done it myself) on entering information. If possible use a 24 hour clock, though not all sites allow this.
Top   #3
Citizen

punkangelgcm437 
Citizen

Minderwiz & Isthmus-
Thank you both. I actually changed my real time on there a few mins (to like 1:03pm) and it went to Sagittarius so I'll have to go back and change it to PM. Ooops. Silly mistake.

But if it does show up Leo at 12:55pm, I'll figure it's not a crediable site and I probably shouldn't take what it says to heart.

~Punk Angel~
Top   #4
Citizen

purplefishy 
Citizen

I was just wondering: there are a lot of sites that allude to rising signs determining some physical characteristics of a person (e.g. my astrologer once told me that scorp rising is either very pale or very dark - i'm of the more pale variety). Does anyone think there is any truth to this?
Top   #5
Citizen

isthmus nekoi 
Citizen

Err... unfortunatly, all the descriptions I've read are based on Caucasians.... so I don't know that traditional interpretations can apply to everyone.

w/Mars conjunct Aquarian ASC does that mean I look like an eccentric man? Don't answer I'm just kidding.... I'm not sure if I would write off the idea though..... I do like to wear clothes w/a military flavour and loooove funky vintage stuff (a very Aquarian thing). And I also read once Mars conj ASC meant having an injury to the face. This has happened to me from a car accident.
Top   #6
Citizen

gloria 
Citizen
Mars marks!

I have read if you have Mars in 1st house, you are likely to have mark, blemish or scar on face or head.
I have a scar just under my chin, out of sight thank god.

Gloria
Top   #7

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.