Chart Reading: Step #3, Martha Stewart -- Moon by sign, house, aspects to ASC & MC.

dadsnook2000

Ready for the next step?

This thread has done well in its consideration of the Moon in MS's chart. I think we are ready to move on. Again, there are a lot of AE members following this thread even if they are not directly participating. I'll start the next thread BUT it is Ok to continue posting any thoughts relative to this thread that may not have been covered yet. Dave.

Minderwiz

Thanks Dave,

And thanks to all who contributed to the thread. I would second Dave's comment about adding any additional thoughts that come to mind - especially as we proceed through the reading.

Later issues may prompt you to look at the Moon interpretation from a new angle or help you to see the issues relating to the Moon in more depth. I think that also applies to the Sun thread.

dadsnook2000

My thoughts on Moon-Sag-2nd House

Several on the list noted Sag's tendancies to promote freedom of expression, travel, things foriegn, etc. One of my pet peeves (dislikes) is the influence of daily Sun-Sign Astrology colums and popular booklets -- I see them as promoting a Sun-in-a-sign meaning as the sign's own meaning.

The Moon symbolizes mood swings, emotions, basic need feelings, responsiveness relative to how aspecting planets help to trigger or drive that instinctive response, women and (in some cases) the public, security of the person and home/nest/territory or country (in some cases).

The Moon in Sag symbolizes, IMHO, a flight from feelings or an attempt to substitute experiences for feelings. The deep experience of emotions and responses of Cancer, the assimilation and supportive feelings of Pisces, and the urge to dig deep into feelings and their causes of Scorpio are forgotten as Moon moves into Sag. There is no time for those feeling things, they detract from excitement and adventure found in ones outer life. Moon takes on freedom, far thinking, philosophical veiws of emotions but not feeling of emotions, an assessment of ones effect on the emotions of others. There is a sense of "playing with affections" or using the emotional responses of other's here. Brusqeness is another apparent attribute of Moon in Sag.

Moon in the second house: Possessions? Somewhat. Personal preferences and value of ones life style or personna? Yes, look at me, look at what I have, why don't you also have it -- this fits with Moon in the 2nd.

SYNTHESIZING these thoughts we might conclude: Martha adores herself and her personal style and image. She hasn't got time to deal with her feelings while being "on stage" or on the road of life and in a hurry to get somewhere. She will tend to be excited by stylish experiences and possessions, she will want to be the leader of her crowd, she will want to influence you. She will play with your values and promote her values.

Just my thoughts. Dave.

Minderwiz

Totally agree with the point on Sun Sign columns - they do create a distorted view.

Moon in Satittarius and second: - yes I see your point and its a really good one. However, The second is our connection with the material world and therefore possessions and finance are quite strong (but not everything, for example it also represents the neck). Jupiter rules here, so I would normally expect someone who is successful at a material level - someone who will become wealthy or may be a collector whose collection grows overtime.

If we treat the second as finance and money, Martha will prosper and become wealthy. Two caveats to this are that Jupiter is not particularly comfortably placed, so things might not run smoothly all the time. Secondly the Moon is here and, as we agree the Moon is weak.

Wealth (or possessions) will fulfil something of an emotional role - the give personal emotional security and also public standing.

Jupiter does rule values - here values will be materially based - Dave's statement 'look at me, see what I have' is spot on - I am 'valuable' because of what I possess, or the wealth I command. As we are dealing with the Moon here this may well exist solely at a subconscious or deeper level. Martha isn't particularly into rubbing people's noses in it. She does however have a sense of self worth and value through her material wealth, which in turn provides her lifestyle.

To the extent that Martha's business is/was owned and controlled by her - the second house receives the money of the business - prosperous business then prosperous Martha.