Looking for info on the Romany Spread -variation

cj

Hi all,

On Tarotspread.com they have a spread called the Romany spread variation. it shows 7 rows of 3 cards. .The only problem the person who submitted the spread did not put all the position meanings in (they skipped what card position 10, 11 and 12 are supposed to mean).

Anyone ever use this spread and can give me the position meanings..

HELP!!

cj

glamourbug

The only Romany spread i know of that is set out this way is

(cards in numerical order)

Atmosphere
Querent's feelings
Matters at hand
Environments
Influences
Relationships
Hopes
Dreams
Wishes
Plans
Progress
Successes or failures
Hidden influences
Surprises
Destiny
Near future
In one month
In two months
In three months
In four months
In five to six months

but im not sure if this the original romany spread or a variation. However i have nevr seen one with the sets of three cards grouped together although if you look at the cards in the one above they do fit in those categories on tarotspreads.com

Mojo

Sounds like what is also called the Gypsy spread. If so, the positions aren't traditionally assigned specifically to individual meanings, it's a very free-form spread.

Three rows of seven cards are laid out starting at the bottom. The bottom row is the past, the middle row is the present and the top row is the future. Sometimes, the middle card represents the querents and the surrounding cards are the influences which affect them.

In my variation of the Gypsy spread, cards which appear to the right of the middle card represent influences which affect the intuitive/emotional side of the querent, and cards which appear to the left of the middle represent influences that affect the logical/rational side.

It's a wonderfully flexible and powerful spread.

cj

Mojo

Three rows of seven cards are laid out starting at the bottom. The bottom row is the past, the middle row is the present and the top row is the future. Sometimes, the middle card represents the querents and the surrounding cards are the influences which affect them.

In my variation of the Gypsy spread, cards which appear to the right of the middle card represent influences which affect the intuitive/emotional side of the querent, and cards which appear to the left of the middle represent influences that affect the logical/rational side.

It's a wonderfully flexible and powerful spread.[/quote]

Mojo,

Thanks for the input - It sounds like a different spread, but one I am very drawn to.

Thanks