C'est La Vie Lenormand

jewel22

Thank you Village Witch!
It's a really fun, bold deck! :)

Lee

Thanks for stopping by, Jeri, we love to hear from deck creators! :)

greatdane

INITIAL Impressions of my C'est La Vie and matching case...

I really love this deck. Finished edging in BLACK SOOT by Tim Holtz and it just REALLY sets it off and the white spots are gone! If you have had a linen cardstock deck with black borderless cards, you know little white spots can creep up along the edges. This now looks perfect and this deck really stands out among Lenormands. It has so grown on me and I am using it. So just a thought....ink the edges before you start using it.

Most of the images seem in keeping with the older vibe, but one that really stands out is the photo of the Clouds. The deck has a vintage vibe and a painting of Clouds or even a vintage b/w pic would have been better for me than the modern color photo, but I am getting used to that card and it's hardly a deal breaker.

It has a kind of white frame around the images, which I like, and is then dark gray borderless.

I WOULD NOT ONLY GET IT AGAIN, but it is one of my favorite Lenormands already.

The CASE. OK, for a MINI deck, I think fine. It is padded beautifully.

I ordered the smallest case for this that should have fit this deck (the reg and the mini). There is NO way to put this deck into the smallest case without rubbing the edges. I know, I tried. Since the deck is a kind of dark charcoal gray on the edges, I can't use the smallest case. It will show wear in no time, so if you get the case, which is lovely, I would just SIZE UP. Jeri DID offer to send me a bigger case, but I like fitted and found a case I have that fits it very well, so in fairness, she DID offer. She is lovely to deal with and likes customers happy.

So, bottomline: YES, I would still get this deck and yes, the case is GREAT, just SIZE UP unless you get a mini.

avalonian

The CASE. OK, for a MINI deck, I think fine. It is padded beautifully.

I ordered the smallest case for this that should have fit this deck (the reg and the mini). There is NO way to put this deck into the smallest case without rubbing the edges. I know, I tried. Since the deck is a kind of dark charcoal gray on the edges, I can't use the smallest case. It will show wear in no time, so if you get the case, which is lovely, I would just SIZE UP. Jeri DID offer to send me a bigger case, but I like fitted and found a case I have that fits it very well, so in fairness, she DID offer. She is lovely to deal with and likes customers happy.

So, bottomline: YES, I would still get this deck even with a few things that aren't pluses for me and yes, the case is GREAT, just SIZE UP unless you get a mini.

I received mine today, along with the bag, and found that the bag does fit, but there was a knack to getting it in. The best way I can explain it is that I put the deck in by the short edge and then sort of tilted the deck to line up the short edge of the deck with the short edge of the bag, bringing the long edge of the deck to line up with the bottom of the bag. I like the snug fit as I don't want the cards sliding around loosely inside the bag. Once you have done it a few times it becomes really easy, even more so if you remove some of the extra cards, I kept the "yes, no, and maybe" cards with the deck but left the others in the box.

:) :) :)

greatdane

I'm glad, Avalonian

I'm happy it worked for you, but I don't want to play with a bag. I do like a good fit, but the zipper on this one was too close for comfort and it was difficult to not rub the deck against it. So I put it in an envelop type case I have with no zipper and just use ribbon to wrap it.

Now, I'm SURE the next size up would have been an easier fit and Jeri did OFFER, but I am fine with what I am using.

Her cases ARE SO PLUSH and I think it cushions very well. I just like to drop my deck into a case and not have to worry about catching an edge. I am using my small one for jewelry :)).

I DO love the deck and I do love the case. I am getting another and will black soot the edges of that one too :).

ENJOY your deck, Avalonian!

MissNine

Did anyone get their deck yet? How is it??

Also, can someone in the US tell me if they ordered it through Etsy or the Jeri's website. Is one choice better than the other?

greatdane

I got mine.

Love the cardstock. Been using it a lot. I edged it in black soot ink :).

MissNine

Love the cardstock. Been using it a lot. I edged it in black soot ink :).

Fancy, Greatdane! Nicely done. :) Glad they are good cardstock. I'll definitely have to use that as my next reward splurge.

garmonbozia

Finished edging in BLACK SOOT by Tim Holtz

How do you apply this to your cards? And which ink prodcuct do you use? I found several different ones when I searched.

greatdane

Garmonbozia

To make my C'est La Vie deck have black soot edges, I used Tim Holtz Black Soot Ink Pad.
Our Ladybird has a video showing how it's done. I preferred to use the Black Soot over the Marksalot because the C'est La Vie is almost a dark gray and I thought the Marksalot would be a bit too dark for my taste.

But if you look up edging tarot decks online under videos, you'll find Ladybird's :). It's about 18 minutes long.