Insights to share about my spread?

Gretchen

I'm new with tarot and bought my first deck - Thoth - recently. I've studied the cards and a number of decks but I actually hope to get help from here more than this one time. I'm just starting to get familiar with the deck - one card at a time - but to derive a synthesis of two, three or more cards is still a bit out of my league, I must say.

Hence, I hope you have some insights to offer me on my recent spread about my love life.
It is a quite lengthy spread but from observing the forum I'll share it all eventhough some it seemed clear enough to me.

I did not draw all the cards at once but gradually as I moved on with the questions so I don't really have card positions to share at this time.

I should mention that I'm longtime single and just started dating again recently which seems like both hard work as well as a bit of playfullness

So:

Questions: What do I aspire to in finding love?
Card: 7 of cups
My Interpretation: The card bugs me in this position but I interpret it as: Stay in the reality, be sure of what you really want and need when you make a choice.

Q: What makes an ideal partner for me?
C: Art
I: Someone with patience and really good timing, 'The right mixture' or balance of some sort.

Q: What makes an ideal relationship for me?
C: 2 of disks
I: Lots of humour, flexibility, new approaches, open to change.

Q: What has gotten in the way in the past?
C: Knight of Swords
I: Too much thinking, (too) High ideals, perfectionism, breaking up/ getting back together.

Q: What is currently getting in my Way?
C: The Aeon
I: Recent epiphany, putting the past behind me, cleansing of guilt and sorrow through self evaluation.

Q: How Can I overcome these barriers?
C: Nine of Swords
I: This bugs me too but I came up with: My vulnerable spot, forgive myself and my parents, victimization of self, severe judgement of self, do you have your feet in the reality?

Q: What is my perfect match?
C: Ace of Cups
I: This card really resonnated with me and almost teared me up. I felt the love in the card waiting for me: Effortlessly giving of love, peace, openness, sharing... warts and all, reciprocity, truth, honesty

Q: What do I offer (my 'brand')?
C: The Star
I: Love, humour, gentleness, tenderness, generousity, calm energy, deep understanding

Q: What about timing?
C: The Chariot
I: Continue your struggle in confidence and control, travel, hard work, but moving on.

Q: Where and how should I look for my soulmate?
C: 3 of Disks, 5 of Disks and 6 of Wands
I: 3D: Dating agency, finding love in work environment - mine or his.
5D: third party being involved - maybe therapy, controlled moving forward, be sure to lay a good foundation
6W: Seek help from a spiritual authority or a sympatetisk friend, be happy for what you've got, don't look for external validation, be patient.

Then I've drawn cards on two recent (July) Dates, A + B:
A: Pro: Prince of disks - energetic and stating in the reality
Cons: 6 of Swords - ?
Outcome: Knight of Disks: Solid foundation

A wanted to get to know me but I'm in doubts. I'm not (yet) physically attracted to him, and I reckon we'd 'debate' quite a lot which to me could be stimulating but also tiresome to be honest. My heart, however, is at least somewhat drawn to him. Status: Communication at a stand still.

B: Pro: 8 of Wands - connection almost immediately
Con: 8 of disks - cautious progression and harvest, don't rush into sex
Outcome: Princess of Disks - ?

Meet up with a stranger. We had immediate comfort in each other's company but due to circumstances we're not likely to enter into a love relation.

So - throw me a couple of coins - either about the big picture or parts of it. Would love to gear your insights.

Thank you!

Kind regards and Lots of love from Gretchen :)

Michael Sternbach

Hi Gretchen,

You done good especially for a newbie. I agree with many of your interpretations, but there are a few alternative views I would suggest which I place directly under the cards they pertain to:

I'm new with tarot and bought my first deck - Thoth - recently. I've studied the cards and a number of decks but I actually hope to get help from here more than this one time. I'm just starting to get familiar with the deck - one card at a time - but to derive a synthesis of two, three or more cards is still a bit out of my league, I must say.

Hence, I hope you have some insights to offer me on my recent spread about my love life.
It is a quite lengthy spread but from observing the forum I'll share it all eventhough some it seemed clear enough to me.

I did not draw all the cards at once but gradually as I moved on with the questions so I don't really have card positions to share at this time.

I should mention that I'm longtime single and just started dating again recently which seems like both hard work as well as a bit of playfullness

So:

Questions: What do I aspire to in finding love?
Card: 7 of cups
My Interpretation: The card bugs me in this position but I interpret it as: Stay in the reality, be sure of what you really want and need when you make a choice.

My interpretation: Distraction from harsh reality and your own unresolved conflicts. (Since you have asked... <shrug>)

Q: What makes an ideal partner for me?
C: Art
I: Someone with patience and really good timing, 'The right mixture' or balance of some sort.

Someone who supplements you, therefore gently fosters your own alchemical development.

Q: What makes an ideal relationship for me?
C: 2 of disks
I: Lots of humour, flexibility, new approaches, open to change.

Q: What has gotten in the way in the past?
C: Knight of Swords
I: Too much thinking, (too) High ideals, perfectionism, breaking up/ getting back together.

Or a former partner symbolized by the Knight if Swords that you haven't got over yet, possibly on a subconscious level.

Q: What is currently getting in my Way?
C: The Aeon
I: Recent epiphany, putting the past behind me, cleansing of guilt and sorrow through self evaluation.

Q: How Can I overcome these barriers?
C: Nine of Swords
I: This bugs me too but I came up with: My vulnerable spot, forgive myself and my parents, victimization of self, severe judgement of self, do you have your feet in the reality?

Q: What is my perfect match?
C: Ace of Cups
I: This card really resonnated with me and almost teared me up. I felt the love in the card waiting for me: Effortlessly giving of love, peace, openness, sharing... warts and all, reciprocity, truth, honesty

Q: What do I offer (my 'brand')?
C: The Star
I: Love, humour, gentleness, tenderness, generousity, calm energy, deep understanding

Also vision, dreams, spirituality, Tarot readings (!).

Q: What about timing?
C: The Chariot
I: Continue your struggle in confidence and control, travel, hard work, but moving on.

Don't delay looking for a partner. Go for it!

Q: Where and how should I look for my soulmate?
C: 3 of Disks, 5 of Disks and 6 of Wands
I: 3D: Dating agency, finding love in work environment - mine or his.

Also: You've got to work to succeed. (Not least on yourself.)

5D: third party being involved - maybe therapy, controlled moving forward, be sure to lay a good foundation

Let go of your worries.

6W: Seek help from a spiritual authority or a sympatetisk friend, be happy for what you've got, don't look for external validation, be patient.

Freeing your blocked energies will help you attract the right partner.

Then I've drawn cards on two recent (July) Dates, A + B:
A: Pro: Prince of disks - energetic and stating in the reality
Cons: 6 of Swords - ?

If you look at the potential relationship rationally (which you are prone to do!), then it doesn't look too good.

Outcome: Knight of Disks: Solid foundation

Probably somebody with a lot of Earth placements in his chart. Reliable and stable. Could help to ground you but somewhat dry and unimaginative.

A wanted to get to know me but I'm in doubts. I'm not (yet) physically attracted to him, and I reckon we'd 'debate' quite a lot which to me could be stimulating but also tiresome to be honest. My heart, however, is at least somewhat drawn to him. Status: Communication at a stand still.

B: Pro: 8 of Wands - connection almost immediately
Con: 8 of disks - cautious progression and harvest, don't rush into sex
Outcome: Princess of Disks - ?

Long term development, common projects, maybe pregnancy.

Meet up with a stranger. We had immediate comfort in each other's company but due to circumstances we're not likely to enter into a love relation.

So - throw me a couple of coins - either about the big picture or parts of it. Would love to gear your insights.

Thank you!

Kind regards and Lots of love from Gretchen :)

Best wishes,

Michael

Gretchen

Hi Michael Sternbach

Thank you very much for your insights on my spread, and your 'encouragements' too!

I'm not yet familiar with the proper quoting technique here at the forum so I'll just post my comments without quotes from your text this time around.

Concerning 7 of cups: I tend to imagine my life filled with romantic love and all it entails (!) where as in the reality I'm not quite ready for it and feel lonely too. Bugs me!
- Maybe this is what you pointed at?

I'm especially happy with your take on the timing-question - don't delay Looking for love. Go. Now. I need this kind of kick to keep me going.

Overall I see a pattern of certain blocked energies - as you mentioned in 6 of Wands - which set me back and actually isolate me, and on the other hand something good awaites me after doing the necessary work (with myself first and foremost). I'm not quite sure which specific actions to take on from now on but I realise that I need to keep on with 'actions' in the real world and thereby 'achieve' progession little by little.

If you have more insights on the spread as such or 'corrections' to my interpretations, you're most welcome to share it with me - but again: thanks a lot for your contributions.

Kind regards from Gretchen.

Michael Sternbach

Hi Michael Sternbach

Thank you very much for your insights on my spread, and your 'encouragements' too!

I'm not yet familiar with the proper quoting technique here at the forum so I'll just post my comments without quotes from your text this time around.

Concerning 7 of cups: I tend to imagine my life filled with romantic love and all it entails (!) where as in the reality I'm not quite ready for it and feel lonely too. Bugs me!
- Maybe this is what you pointed at?

I wonder if you are insisting on an idealized form of romantic love, as to avoid confrontation with less-than-ideal reality?

I'm especially happy with your take on the timing-question - don't delay Looking for love. Go. Now. I need this kind of kick to keep me going.

Many a problem worsens by delay.

Overall I see a pattern of certain blocked energies - as you mentioned in 6 of Wands -

Yes. The 6 of Wands actually shows the removal of the blockades and subsequent expansion (Jupiter in Leo).

which set me back and actually isolate me, and on the other hand something good awaites me after doing the necessary work (with myself first and foremost). I'm not quite sure which specific actions to take on from now on but I realise that I need to keep on with 'actions' in the real world and thereby 'achieve' progession little by little.

"The real world" being the key words here.

If you have more insights on the spread as such or 'corrections' to my interpretations, you're most welcome to share it with me - but again: thanks a lot for your contributions.

Kind regards from Gretchen.

All the best from Michael. :)

Gretchen

Thank you, Michael.