Crystal Visions Tarot - By:Jennifer Galasso

iheartcharlie

This is my favorite deck. I've had it for a year or so. I trimmed it pretty soon after I got it, and wow! The colors pop unbelievably. Love this deck so much. I can read intuitively with it, I love every card, and I even love The Unknown card as well. I would recommend it to anyone!

Sakura

...I even love The Unknown card as well. I would recommend it to anyone!

i actually just got the unknown card in a reading this past month! and it was very accurately placed. i think the unknown card is a great addition indeed.

kduphily

I bought this deck about 3 months ago and while i really liked it, I ended up giving it to a friends daughter who was just starting out and knew she would enjoy it. My friend and I both bought cards that day ( she bought oracle cards and I bought the CV) but somehow I felt they had to be together, both of us got that feeling. So now both sets of cards live in the same house. :) and who knows i may buy another deck fir me someday.

PS, went out today to get some herbs and olis at my local store, quess what I bought lol yup and love them :)

Emberlyn

I Have This Deck

I don't know about you all, but my deck has a smell to it that my other decks don't. It's not a bad smell and I bought them new...so, it isn't someone else's smell, but it's kind of a sweet...bakery type smell. Like some kind of cake...or muffin...?

I don't use this deck much, because I haven't had good luck with it. I don't know if the spread I did wasn't good for the deck (my Spirit Guide) or what, but the reading was confusing. The deck didn't answer me very well. I haven't used them sense then. I do like them a lot though. I think the colors are beautiful and I love that there are a lot of butterflies and lotuses. I mainly use the Dark Fairytale Tarot, so this deck is a far cry from that!

lalalibra

I don't know about you all, but my deck has a smell to it that my other decks don't. It's not a bad smell and I bought them new...so, it isn't someone else's smell, but it's kind of a sweet...bakery type smell. Like some kind of cake...or muffin...?

A sweet bakery smell? MUFFINS?? I WISH!!! Lol I mean... NO odor would be preferable altogether, of course!! But mine also smells, and a "sweet smell" sounds better than what mine smells like... Really though, any odor is pretty much creepy if we're talking mystery chemicals. But I can't even describe what mine smells like... It's just BAD. AWFUL. I want to say it's a food-like smell (savory?), and yet I can't think of any dish that smells like it, much less that I would actually eat. :eek:

Anyway, I bought mine new too and I've had it over a year and it still smells. It used to be way stronger when I first got it, but I can still smell it if I put the cards anywhere within a few inches of my face. It has to be the smell of the lamination I guess? And yet I have one other deck by US Games (Joie de Vivre) that has a similar lamination and it's also printed in Italy, but it doesn't smell the way my Crystal Visions does. I've been meaning to work on fixing this issue (scenting the deck), but haven't gotten around to it because while I do like this deck, I also don't use it very frequently. Honestly, I think its the cardstock (and smell) that puts me off of it the most. Some people enjoy the glossy US Games cardstock, but I'm not one of them... But maybe I'm also just hoping the smell will continue to fade... *fingers crossed*

I don't use this deck much, because I haven't had good luck with it. I don't know if the spread I did wasn't good for the deck (my Spirit Guide) or what, but the reading was confusing. The deck didn't answer me very well. I haven't used them sense then. I do like them a lot though. I think the colors are beautiful and I love that there are a lot of butterflies and lotuses. I mainly use the Dark Fairytale Tarot, so this deck is a far cry from that!

Was it your first time doing the spread? If so, it could have been the spread... There's no way to tell I guess until you give the deck another try, perhaps with a different spread.

Sakura

A sweet bakery smell? MUFFINS?? I WISH!!! Lol I mean... NO odor would be preferable altogether, of course!! But mine also smells, and a "sweet smell" sounds better than what mine smells like... Really though, any odor is pretty much creepy if we're talking mystery chemicals. But I can't even describe what mine smells like... It's just BAD. AWFUL. I want to say it's a food-like smell (savory?), and yet I can't think of any dish that smells like it, much less that I would actually eat. :eek:

Anyway, I bought mine new too and I've had it over a year and it still smells. It used to be way stronger when I first got it, but I can still smell it if I put the cards anywhere within a few inches of my face. It has to be the smell of the lamination I guess? And yet I have one other deck by US Games (Joie de Vivre) that has a similar lamination and it's also printed in Italy, but it doesn't smell the way my Crystal Visions does. I've been meaning to work on fixing this issue (scenting the deck), but haven't gotten around to it because while I do like this deck, I also don't use it very frequently. Honestly, I think its the cardstock (and smell) that puts me off of it the most. Some people enjoy the glossy US Games cardstock, but I'm not one of them... But maybe I'm also just hoping the smell will continue to fade... *fingers crossed*

strange thing is, mine doesn't smell!! i don't know why, though i don't mind ;) but, on the other hand, my Radiant Rider Waite, has a very strong plastic/lamination smell. the odor never went away, and i've had it for a few years now. personally, the smell isn't bothersome, though something sweet would be nice!

lalalibra

It used to be way stronger when I first got it, but I can still smell it if I put the cards anywhere within a few inches of my face.

strange thing is, mine doesn't smell!! i don't know why, though i don't mind ;) but, on the other hand, my Radiant Rider Waite, has a very strong plastic/lamination smell. the odor never went away, and i've had it for a few years now. personally, the smell isn't bothersome, though something sweet would be nice!

Hey, I actually just took my Crystal Visions out and the smell is gone now!!!! I mean, it still smells like the lamination, but now it just smells like my JdV deck... as in "no smell" except for the way the US games cards are "supposed" to normally smell I guess. It took a little over a year (about 13 months), but it finally aired out! :)

TheStarsAndTheMoon

My crystal visions tarot also has a bakery/sweets sort of scent. I let my husband see my cards and take a whiff of them. He works for a printing company and says its the aqueous coating they used on the cards. Its a liquid laminate and it goes through a uv light to cure it, but it's not an actual uv coating like other decks might use.