Tarot Illuminati

shadowdancer

I had a wee look at this on fb, but I did shudder. I think it was the blend of human faces/hands etc, and digitially created remainder of the card. It just does not work well. And the hands... oh the hands. Also the queen of wands. Eeek.

It is a nice idea, don't get me wrong but it just does not work does it?

I HATE being negative about a deck, preferring usually to follow the saying of "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all" but in this case - I can't help myself. I think it is possible when the images are seen as card size, and not blown up on the computer, the effect will be slightly softened. I hope so.

Davina

Ashtaroot

I kinda like this deck, I like the costumes and the setting...

Q of cups I am fine with her,but Q of wands is kinda freaky.. Her hands. The only card I have a problem with is the 4 of cups ..something seems off... I really wanted to comment on that picture ....I just couldn't tell him :rolleyes:
But so far I think I can live with it... I really like the ooomph and the over the top diva-esque attitude this deck has...
If you know me, you would know why I like this deck;)

nicky

Ash-

Look at the bench on the 2 of swords -- it like someone pasted there like we used to play with in grade school with felt boards.

Three of wands feet LOL ! I could go on and on - but I can't look anymore I have to go to bed and fear nightmares!

I hate CGI decks - they look so unnatural - although Ciro makes them work in a beautiful way.

starlightexp

Ummm well. While I can't say a darn thing wrong about the art. It is an amazing job from that standpoint. The cards leave me cold really. Its a deck with WAY too much going on in each card, most of it not really necessary. These don't work for me in the same way MRP decks don't just to busy and trying to hard to have every detail over thought. I think I like deck that give the images breathing room. For me it's more of a shopping deck. The ooohh I wish I had a dress like that, or wow I want that hair, oh my that chair is DIVINE.

Again VERY VERY amazing looking art. Baba's got some competition

daphne

This is sooo bling!

I think this will have a really huge market success, something like Gilded.

jema

It is really beautiful. I saw people gushing over it on FB but I am just not feeling this one. But then I never bought the Gilded either, that whole style just don't speak to me I guess.

By the way I think that queens hands was the best part of the card lol

Le Fanu

I'l stand up for this one (where's your sense of humour? ;))

It's lush, campy, totally over the top, florid, total decoration overdose. And the slightly *off* photoshopping of hands and faces lost among reams of mismatching drapery make it feel like a baroque frieze.

I love it.

However, in terms of reading, I think decoration and fluttering brocades and frippery might dominate rather, at the expense of symbolic details to interpret. Love that King of Cups though.

It's like the Tarot of the Elves on acid, hallucinating opulence. I'm totally up for it!

Debra

Looking at this I suddenly realize that tarot doesn't have nearly enough codpieces.