Tarot Illuminati

ann823

I recently got this deck and have just started carefully going through the cards. Does anyone else find this deck somewhat humorous? Not exactly humorous, maybe droll would be a better word. And after seeing the goat on the Hierophant's lap I've started looking for other unexpected symbolism. Goats are my favorite animal but that's not the card they are usually associated with!

magpie9

I like the app more than the actual deck....how weird! I think it's because my tablet (Kindle Fire 8.9) makes the cards as big as they need to be with all that detail! I haven't touched the physical deck since I got the app.

LunarWolf

Make sure to get the expanded ebook version of the companion book if you can....really worth it! I'm hoping they will release it in standard print version.

Patty

They have released the ebook as a "real" book. I've already ordered it and it's on the way. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Brenda

Quester

I love this deck!! Got the "real" book today and it looks great!!!!

Sulis

Could someone please tell me how big these cards are and how big the bag is that comes with them?
I have to make some bags for someone and they want it the same size as the Tarot Illuminati bag and I don't have the deck or the bag..

Ace of Stars

I like the app more than the actual deck....how weird! I think it's because my tablet (Kindle Fire 8.9) makes the cards as big as they need to be with all that detail! I haven't touched the physical deck since I got the app.

Yay! I'm glad you like it :D We're always happy to receive feedback and suggestions.

Shonna @ Galaxy Tone

gregory

Could someone please tell me how big these cards are and how big the bag is that comes with them?
I have to make some bags for someone and they want it the same size as the Tarot Illuminati bag and I don't have the deck or the bag..

You need to find out which version of the deck they have as the gilded one is (as I recall) a bit bigger.

Oh but wait - the bag:

Features 160x225 mm, printed satin

It says on the LoS website.

http://loscarabeo.com/lang-en/bags/591-illuminati-tarot-bag.html

The cards only edition
http://loscarabeo.com/lang-en/tarocchi-esoterici/589-tarot-illuminati.html

- cards are66x120 mm

The kit:

http://loscarabeo.com/lang-en/cofan...arot-illuminati-kit-edition-english-only.html

- doesn't say... :( but it seem to me Ric posted the dimensions somewhere here. But will the bag size do ?

ETA YES - found it:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=3422741&postcount=122

where he says:

Ric said:
Deck in Kit edition:
- 70x120 mm
- borderless
- gilded edges
- 350 gsm cardstock (heavier but less slippery).
- released in May

Deck in Deck only edition
- 66x120 mm
- 3 mm borders
- normal edges
- 300 gsm cardstock (more flimsy but more slippery)

Sulis

Thanks gregory, you're a star :).

Grizabella

I haven't read this whole thread yet but I got the deck as an Easter gift and it's absolutely glorious! I haven't been on AT very long after being away for almost a year so I wasn't really aware it was in the works. I was bowled over by it and it's going to get lots and lots of use, I can say that for sure! It's a little hard to shuffle because of its size but it seems to be loosening up well already. There's a crease down the left side of the King of Wands card that I just saw when the light hit it just right but otherwise the deck is perfect. It's the kit so it has the book and beautiful sturdy box with it. Oddly enough, it seems personalized just for me because the High Priestess is my life card and that's the image on the box as well as the image chosen for the matching bag and journal. I've got both of those on my wish list...someday, someday.... :)

RunningWild

I haven't read this whole thread yet but I got the deck as an Easter gift and it's absolutely glorious! I haven't been on AT very long after being away for almost a year so I wasn't really aware it was in the works. I was bowled over by it and it's going to get lots and lots of use, I can say that for sure! It's a little hard to shuffle because of its size but it seems to be loosening up well already. There's a crease down the left side of the King of Wands card that I just saw when the light hit it just right but otherwise the deck is perfect. It's the kit so it has the book and beautiful sturdy box with it. Oddly enough, it seems personalized just for me because the High Priestess is my life card and that's the image on the box as well as the image chosen for the matching bag and journal. I've got both of those on my wish list...someday, someday.... :)

The bag is quite pretty. The journal is still on my wish list unfortunately.

It is a lovely deck and I hope you get lots and lots of use out of it. I've used it nearly exclusively since I first got it at the beginning of June last year (I think). I used it so much for the first 8 months that I had to get another deck before I totally destroyed the first.