Bohemian Gothic...if there IS another...

greatdane

Should there be another incarnation of the Bohemian Gothic, what would you like to see? I personally would love a choice in sizes! I don't even care if one is a pocket size, but would love the normally quite large size and another closer to the size of most US Games or Llewellyn. I LOVE the big size and would get that too, but for shuffling and using more, it would be handy to have one a bit smaller (and pocket size would be ok). The only card I would really like to see changed would be the Lovers from the last edition. Would anyone else here buy other sizes of the Bohemian Gothic if they were available? Or are you ONLY interested in the BIG one? I think if the same BG came out in two sizes, both would sell really well, but that's just how I feel. ATers? Would you like an edition with more than one size? Would you like to see any cards changed?

JenWt43

I can't seem to resist the decks of MRP/Baba, so I am sure I would purchase a mini Bohemian Gothic, if one were made! I recently purchased a second edition, and I absolutely love it. Being late to this party, though, I was reading old threads and found the comparisons between the first edition images and the second edition images. And now I sort of wish I had not read it, because I had told myself I did not need the first edition at all. But after seeing the comparisons, I am wavering, because I do like the differentiation in coloring and images... :) (I need to win a lottery now.)

My vote is - if another edition is printed, I would prefer the first edition Lovers card. I agree with you about this one. I do like both Queen of Swords versions, so I wouldn't mind either of those.

greatdane

I so agree, JenWt43. I LOVE all the images in the second one when I did a comparison, except I would have liked the first edition Lovers card. The newer one just never seemed to match the vintage look of most of the rest of the deck. Not all the cards had that same look (the Devil for instance) but they all seemed to go well....except the Lovers. I would happily buy both a new edition and a pocket (or even bigger than a pocket). Would be great to see in a set :)). I love to sit and just shuffle my decks sometimes and it would be so grand to have a BG that was easier for me to shuffle. LOVE this deck and would love to see another one. I wouldn't mind one with a thin blood red border either, but that's just a thought :).

RunningWild

For myself, I'd be happy with the regular size and the mini if it was the same size as the BBC mini. I've been checking Baba Studios and their Facebook pages frequently, hoping they'll announce a reprint. I don't have the funds for anything at the moment but I'd find a way if it was reissued.

greatdane

Ditto, RunningWild! I think the BG will always have a market. I don't see it waning in popularity especially if it came out with any variations, a smaller deck with it and maybe a book?

The crowned one

I like it just the way it is, I guess if a change must be made: bigger cards, so even more detail!

RunningWild

I could even live without the book. LOL

greatdane

lol me too! I just want another Bohemian Gothic and baby deck!

Juliana

I finally got my hands on a second edition, so I'm less picky about how a 3rd edition should be. I would be happy with any size of a 3rd edition.

greatdane

I can understand that, Juliana. I've just had this deck awhile and love it, but if there IS to be another, I would like one easier to shuffle so I would use it a bit more. I would love a big and pocket deck together! Or three sizes! I think there is so much love for this deck, people might readily love in different sizes, even if it's the same artwork.