Bohemian Gothic...if there IS another...

greatdane

I certainly understand one gives up so much in a smaller deck, especially a deck like the Bohemian Gothic that is fairly dark in color. I would love one because I'm familiar enough with the images that I could still easily read with it. Selfishly, I want a pocket size (I would love a decent size mini) for the mere ease of shuffling. But as some MRP decks have been made into minis, I certainly think and hope and could be viable with the BG at some point.

morganesky

I kid myself that I won't buy this if they reprint! In any version!

Dan S

I agree a mini that's the size of the VR/BBC mini's (maybe with silver, pewter, or blood red edges!) would be great. I would think that the cards could be lightened up a little to provide more detail without the overall effect suffering too much.

I would also love to see some new cards, maybe a new Fool (not enough detail for me), and definitely a new 3 of pentacles (Frankenstein kind of takes me out of the reading a little too much). I think the court cards are uniformly great, and I love many of the majors and minors, especially the 5 of swords, strength, and fortune teller cards. And the hermit! I don't mind the 2nd edition lovers as much as some people here, it does seem to me to have the same mysterious quality as the rest of the deck (although less ghoulish than the first edition card).

Basically I would buy anything they decided to do, because I'm 100% sure it'll be superb! But please, another book, please?!

greatdane

Really if the second eidtion were just lightened up enough to make images as clear as possible in a small version, I would buy it if nothing else were changed! Not speaking for anyone but myself here, but when it comes to this deck, I'm easy :).

greatdane

Just trying to update..any news?

Wondering if anyone has heard anything re a possible new Bohemian Gothic coming up maybe in 2014? My fantasy third would still be a blood ruby red gilt edge (since I know they won't do a silver or pewter and gold just so wouldn't seem to fit) and a new Lovers card. That would do it for me. My current fantasy deck is someday seeing that first ed silver just drop in my lap lol. But seriously, I hope there is a third edition.

RunningWild

I'm just hoping for the opportunity to purchase any edition that doesn't involve having to kidnap and ransom someone's firstborn in order to pay for it.

Other than that, from a friend who has contacted Karen Mahoney via email, they are hoping to republish it later this year. I suppose after their bad experience with the Chinese printers finding someone to do it the way they want it done must be a daunting task.

Briar Rose

Pewter edges and silver on the cards!

Bluefeet

For those who have been waiting for a new BoGo deck - yes, there will be a reprint!

Baba Studio just posted this announcement on facebook:
As we get emails all the time about this, I think it's useful to announce here that we are likely to reprint the deck at the end of 2013 or early in 2014. There are no dates set as yet, so please take this as just an approximation, but it's what we are aiming for.

Thanks again for all the enthusiasm and interest!

JenWt43

Wonderful!! I'm not even going to kid myself and say I don't need it and I really shouldn't buy it. I know I will!