Nicoletta Ceccoli's Tarot

Barleywine

I took a look at her on-line artwork. Many (if not most) of the little girls look like junior versions of Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams in the modern Addams Family movies. Creepy indeed! Looks like it could make for an interesting deck, though. I would probably buy it before I bought the Deviant Moon. But then, I bought the Bosch because I love his macabre universe, so who am I to judge :D

FLizarraga

I took a look at her on-line artwork. Many (if not most) of the little girls look like junior versions of Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams in the modern Addams Family movies. Creepy indeed! Looks like it could make for an interesting deck, though. I would probably buy it before I bought the Deviant Moon. But then, I bought the Bosch because I love his macabre universe, so who am I to judge :D

Actually, those little girls with giant foreheads have been around since at least John Tenniel's take on Alice, but this just made my day... :D

Reyan

Officially pre-ordered! Can't wait until September! I finally ordered the Victorian Fairy along with it to distract myself from my longing. So I'll get to take a look at that one-person Lover card too :p

tigerlilybug

I preordered as well and SO so sooo excited to get this deck in my hands! Amazon says I'll get it between Sept 11-15th :D

Gem

I also think I want this deck. Creepy and cute.

Grizabella

I absolutely have to get this deck! I haven't felt this way about one in a long time. The art work reminds me of those kids and animals with the huge eyes that were popular somewhere back in the 60's. I don't remember who the artist was.

It seems to me like a cross between the ones from the 60's and those----can't think of the name---Precious Moments, maybe? The ones Hallmark sells. I'll try to find a scan.

But anyway, someday I'm gonna have this deck! My kids are spoiling me since I live alone and out of town now, so my birthday and Christmas may bring me this deck if I'm lucky. :p

littlethings

Grizabella, yes, I remember those big eyed paintings. Just checked, Margaret Keane was the artist. They also remind me of a doll, Takara's Blythe doll.

I'm really looking forward to this deck :)

lalalibra

Grizabella, yes, I remember those big eyed paintings. Just checked, Margaret Keane was the artist. They also remind me of a doll, Takara's Blythe doll.

I'm really looking forward to this deck :)

The original Blythe dolls from the 70s were actually inspired from Margaret Keane's paintings. I used to be really into Blythe before I got into Tarot, but I still love them (and still have a doll of my own). But anyway, I'm drawn to the artwork in this deck partly for that reason as well; it fits the style which, for me, gives a lovely sentimental feeling. (Although Jasmine Becket Griffith's artwork and decks remind me of Blythe a lot more, like in the Oracle of Shadows and Light.)

...I really can't wait to see more of the Ceccoli deck!! :)

I also like how it seems that the borders/edges of the cards seem to be a light color. It's not too big of a deal either way, but the cards will probably show much less wear than some of Lo Scarabeo's other decks with darker coloring.

Chronata

LS is doing a good job...because until they posted a peek of this one on their Facebook page yesterday...I would never have had a clue about it!

I really should read more threads here!

I love the Pop Surrealism, and this deck just calls to me.

(Actually it screams to me...but that's just as good! :D)

Need. Want. Can't wait.