6 of Pentacles as emotions

Honeysun

Hello!

How would you interpret 6 of Pentacles in terms of feelings/emotions? I asked how Z is feeling (as in their own emotional wellbeing) and this is the card I got.

My interpretations:

1. They switch between happiness and sadness (I got one negative and one positive card since it was a 3 card read).
2. They depend on someone else for their own happiness.

Thoughts?

CharlotteK

Another possibility is that Z is feeling open emotionally and comfortable sharing how they are feeling with others. From a wellbeing perspective this is good, as bottling up emotion can be toxic. But it could reflect both happiness and sadness.

Honeysun

Another possibility is that Z is feeling open emotionally and comfortable sharing how they are feeling with others. From a wellbeing perspective this is good, as bottling up emotion can be toxic. But it could reflect both happiness and sadness.

Thank you!

Well, they're not the type of person to share their feelings with others. In fact, I'm the only one that knows about their mental struggles, and they said they want to keep it that way.

CharlotteK

Thank you!

Well, they're not the type of person to share their feelings with others. In fact, I'm the only one that knows about their mental struggles, and they said they want to keep it that way.
So that's clearly NOT an accurate interpretation then. Lol. Could it be that they feel they have to be the carer and the provider all the time?

Indygoflame

Hi. I could see the 6 of pentacles as caring or seeing to the needs of others. You mentioned that they don't share their feelings with others often and that too can be represented by this card for me. The rw deck has a man distributing money to 2 people. One has 3 pentacles over them and the other has 2. Yet the giver only has one over them. Perhaps all is going out with little return. Maybe they need to focus on themselves a bit rather than making sure others needs are tended to.

Given the question, this card definitely has a caregiver vibe to it.

Indygoflame

Hi. I could see the 6 of pentacles as caring or seeing to the needs of others. You mentioned that they don't share their feelings with others often and that too can be represented by this card for me. The rw deck has a man distributing money to 2 people. One has 3 pentacles over them and the other has 2. Yet the giver only has one over them. Perhaps all is going out with little return. Maybe they need to focus on themselves a bit rather than making sure others needs are tended to.

This definitely has a caregiver vibe to it.

ilikeskittles

I usually read this card as either balance or imbalance (I use reversals). So in the case of someone's emotions, it could be that they are even keeled, or feeling a little off center. Six is an even number, and the man in my deck is depicted doling out coins to beggars. There is an imbalance between the two parties, but the man is being generous and seeking to bring more balance between them by giving them what they do not have. So it could depend on whether the person identifies more with the rich man or the beggars, they could be someone emotionally vested in the needs of others, giving of themselves (maybe even too much), or they could be emotionally dependent on others as well. I also read this card sometimes as power struggles, more so in regard to situations or imbalances between actual parties, but as emotions I suppose it could be an inner power struggle as well...

Rachx

Hi there I'm wondering if it points to a bit of bipolar ? I am just going on a note I have somewhere and could be well off the mark xxx

Thirteen

Not quite on the mark for Bipolar outside of restoring health

Hi there I'm wondering if it points to a bit of bipolar ? I am just going on a note I have somewhere and could be well off the mark xxx
bipolar really isn't "feelings" it's a chemical imbalance that produces extremes in feelings/energy and mental perceptions. As 6/Pents is about bringing imbalance into balance, I don't think it would quite fit unless it was about a bipolar person going on to certain meds that were making them better. Pents having to do, literally, with health.

Pents also don't quite work for bipolar because they're more about "social" feelings--like generosity or guilt, pride or shame. Bipolar is elation/depression.

Usually the cards that indicate something of that sort of emotional "imbalance" you'll see in Cup cards, which can also signal swings between depression/elation, or Wand cards, which are signal swings between abundance of energy or lack of energy.

Thirteen

6/Pents would certainly indicate those feelings. The receiving of money by the beggar may be something he doesn't want to announce, and if the one giving the money is socially aware (Pents are about social feelings), then he will not boast about his generosity. True generosity--the best interpretation of this card--is that the giver dispenses his gift privately and allows the receiver to accept without feeling any shame. The giver, also, feels fortunate that he can help someone, not like he's doing them a favor.

So, you can read this card as a very delicate exchange with a lot of "social" feelings. Meaning the person may feel shame and very private. Willing to open up and receive, but only because they feel its very necessary.