The fool....

lamyamah

Marseille Noblet Fool

maybe this is for a Marseilles forum but the cat (more of a weasel) looks really dangerous and also is going straight for the Fool's genitals, half in a perverted way and half jokily viciously. this scares me, as coming from rider Waite deck its a nice dog.

for me, one interpretation is that the fool is no longer a slave to their sexual desires - letting it go, more concerned about experiencing life, while the cat, represents more base instincts is still enticed by his manhood and wants to either incite him to follow the passions again which would lead him away from the carefree attitude of experiencing life as it is and into the pursue of base desires.

maybe I'm projecting too much sex into this, so um

Thirteen above said that the cat in the Marseilles deck represents chaos, devil and disorder. I will probably take that instead :)

EmpyreanKnight

To be honest, if I am to choose which figure in the Major Arcana has the closest affinity to the cat, I would choose the High Priestess. But the cat is also an independent, willful, and curious thing, always ready for an adventure and is rather mischievous too. And for me a cat's nine lives does seem to parallel a fool's luck, so yeah I can see how the former can also embody the latter.