Samhain/Halloween/Autumn Spread

BodhiSeed

This spread is loosely based on Gaelic folklore (Scotland and Ireland) surrounding the activities and celebrations during this time of year.

1 ~~~ 2
~~5~~
3 ~~~ 4

1. This season was the final harvest before winter, when the last crops were collected. What have I left undone that I need to finish now?
2. A judgment was made about what livestock to slaughter to feed the family over the winter months. What do I need to let go of in order to thrive?
3. A community bonfire was lit, and each family used a burning branch to light their own hearth at home. What do I have to share with others?
4. "Guisers" (people in disguise) were commonly seen. What truth lies behind the mask I wear?
5. Festivals of the dead were used to honor and remember the ancestors. What blessings do my ancestors offer me, as I honor their memory?

Chiriku

It's a good thing I double checked this forum before doing my annual Halloween reading, for which I always reserve a "special" spread. I had identified two or three contenders over the past few weeks, and even composed one myself, but I double checked the Spreads subforum "just in case..."

Yours won not only because the positions gave me information I wanted to know, but because it was written in a "more than a spread" fashion that evoked the atmosphere of the autumn season.

I will still be doing the other spreads during November hopefully, but at least I had a special one for Halloween night. Thanks.

Chiriku

Oh, and I modified "blessings" in the last position to "blessings, advice or warning"

espearite

I love decks that incorporate knowledge about culture and folklore, but such a spread is very interesting, too. You've inspired me! Thank you for sharing it. :)

BodhiSeed

Thank you Chiriku and Espearite!:heart: Chiriku, I think adding warning/advice to blessings is a great idea!:D
I did this spread last night and posted it on my blog and in the "Your Readings/Daily Draws - Deck a Week" section here on AT.