Tarot Made Easy by Nancy Garen

Alisonxo

Thanks for the welcome and advice Rodney!

EightWands

From the SUN card??

If you do a romance reading and draw the Sun, according to this book, your romance isnt looking so hot (excuse the pun.) ;)

"Romance: You might not be able to be with the one you love or yearn for, but others will vie to take his or her place... partnerships may have to be put on ice for the time being and/or the future will look uncertain.".

doesn't make sense. :-/

rwcarter

I could see it for a negative or ill-aspected meaning of the Sun, but not a positive meaning for it.

Chiska

rwcarter said:
now that I plan on using to scan the line images from the Rider Waite and print out on 8x10 cardstock that I will then color in and then have my own personal RWS folio. So the book does have some uses.

What an absolutely great idea! I have had that book for years, but I was very disappointed in it. But it has great pictures!

shadowdancer

Have been looking for some black/white images of the RWS to have a play with. Have this book, not opened it for years so thanks for the heads up re the images

Davina

:D

RunningWild

Reviving An Old Thread

I bought this book some months ago and had considered giving it to a friend who's trying to learn the cards. I thought this morning I should take a better look at it to make sure I want to give it as a gift.

I don't.

I like the format of the 32 different categories, but looking at the first pages, I see what others have commented on as far as the seasons. Then I looked at the first few lines of what she's given for the suit elements and I see that she's reversed the wands/fire/action and swords/air/thoughts or speech. It's not incorrect, just different, but I fear it'll be problematic for someone new to tarot.

gregory

A while after I posted in this thread I did finally look at it. I wouldn't recommend it at all. It's confusing at best and plain wrong at worst. And a lot is "at worst."

rwcarter

I have a third copy of the book now that I plan on using to scan the line images from the Rider Waite and print out on 8x10 cardstock that I will then color in and then have my own personal RWS folio. So the book does have some uses.
Well, that only took 3 years. :| I took a hacksaw to the book (note to self and others, save yourself the time, effort and mess and take any book you want to "unbind" to a copy shop and have them do it) and now have 78 loose pages that I can now scan. Hopefully that won't take me another 3 years.... :|

Guinevere17

I recently started using this book and have mixed feelings about it. I can identify with previous postings regarding the different categories and wondering how she intuited those meaning for certain cards. However, I decided from the beginning to be fairly strict about what category I plan to use as a reference before I do the spread and then I stick with that. I am fairly new to this board so I am still learning how others do their readings. I tend to try my intuition first and then use this reference book to clarify the meanings. So far it seems to be working pretty well. There is some good information about numerology, court cards, etc. Her versions of the seasons messes me up too as she has them different than what I had learned previously. This made me wonder if this is more arbitrary from reader to reader (i.e., the seasons are whatever you say they are)? Anyway, hope that helps!