I Wish To Be A Parent/ I Am A Parent Spreads (5) by Glass Owl

Glass Owl

These spreads are for those that wish to be a parent or are a parent. Remember, you don't have to be biological linked to a child to be a parental figure or a role model.

---5---
-1---2-
--3-4--

I Wish To Be A Parent Spread (5) by Glass Owl
1. What is the greatest gift I could offer as a parent?
2. What is the greatest challenge would I face as a parent?
3. What lessons would I learn as a parent?
4. Why do I wish to be a parent at this time?
5. What would assist me in being the most successful, loving, and nurturing parent I can be?

---5---
-1---2-
--3-4--

I Am A Parent Spread (5) by Glass Owl
1. What greatest gift do I offer as a parent?
2. What greatest challenge do I face as a parent?
3. What lessons have I learned as a parent?
4. What lessons do I have yet to learn as a parent?
5. What assists me (or could assist me) in being the most successful, loving, and nurturing parent I can be?

MountainGirl

Great spreads, I'll have to try this.

Blessings,
MountainGirl

wildchilde

Hi Glass Owl. I always enjoy your spreads. Thank you for being so generous with your creations! Do you happen to have a twist on this theme that would answer the question "should I become a parent now"? The I wish to be a parent spread is close but there seems to be an emphasis on a clear desire to have a child and I am searching for something more to the point of whether or not it is a good idea to pursue pregnancy and parenthood. Thanks!

Tarot Fairy

I love these spread, thank you Glass Owl, will write them down in my journal!

Glass Owl

Hi Glass Owl. I always enjoy your spreads. Thank you for being so generous with your creations! Do you happen to have a twist on this theme that would answer the question "should I become a parent now"? The I wish to be a parent spread is close but there seems to be an emphasis on a clear desire to have a child and I am searching for something more to the point of whether or not it is a good idea to pursue pregnancy and parenthood. Thanks!
"Should I become a parent now?" is a yes/no question and I personally avoid Tarot for those type of question. Same goes for medical and legal ones, and pregnancy (as well as parenthood) falls under both.

It should also be noted that pregnancy and parenthood are different topics and, depending upon the situation, a person could have one without the other so to lump them together in a Tarot spread could create a muddled reading. One could, I suppose, use a decision making spread to gain some enlightenment about various decisions but then again, pregnancy may not fall under a choice either since it may be the result of rape, be a physical impossibility regardless of desire, or result in a miscarriage. One can decide to be a parent but then again, one can have their level of parenting controlled by the legal system. And there's the issue of whether or not the person you are with would be the person you would want (from a medical, financial, emotional, and intellectual standpoint) to have a child with and if they want to have a child with you....

Deciding whether or not to conceive a baby and/or to be a parent are very serious, life changing matters that, once again, I personally feel that someone should be discussing these topics with their life partner (if they have one), doctor, financial adviser, close friends, and family, etc. As it was once said, "It takes a village to raise a child."

I can see using Tarot to better understand one's feelings on certain aspects and for general advice, but asking the Tarot to decide what's a *good* idea regarding such important matters - especially when interpretations could be misunderstood, all variable may not be considered, emotions are high, others are involved, there are medical, legal, and ethical aspects - is not something I would feel comfortable with.

wildchilde

I can see using Tarot to better understand one's feelings on certain aspects and for general advice, but asking the Tarot to decide what's a *good* idea regarding such important matters - especially when interpretations could be misunderstood, all variable may not be considered, emotions are high, others are involved, there are medical, legal, and ethical aspects - is not something I would feel comfortable with.

Thanks for the response, Glass Owl. I completely understand and agree with what you have said. I guess I just don't know how to put into words what type of spread I am looking for, because what I want is more the first part of the above paragraph...a general reading on one's feelings (and perhaps their partner's) in relation to pursuing biological parenthood. I guess if it becomes important enough to me I will just create my own :) Just thought you might already have one handy. Again, thank you for your reasoned and responsible answer, and I complete understand you not wanting to put something out there that could be misunderstood or misused.

Glass Owl

I guess I just don't know how to put into words what type of spread I am looking for, because what I want is more the first part of the above paragraph...a general reading on one's feelings (and perhaps their partner's) in relation to pursuing biological parenthood.
You could create a spread to gauge one's current "biological parenthood" readiness by having positions to represent various current conditions - mental, physical, financial, support of others, etc. Then depending upon the results, one could then pull cards for advice for improving, if possible, those conditions.