Four of Cups

Glastonbury Ed

It appears to me that the tree is above a dried up river bed, the person is bored waiting for the waters to return, and their apathy prevents them from turning round to see the cup brimming with water behind them.

atypical

This card reminds me of someone who drank too much, passed out in a tree, and is waking up with a hangover! The sun is rising in the background and this person is touching his/her temple as if s/he has a headache. Not a very deep or mystical image but that was my first impression of this card!

flipperjane

The tree in this card is utterly beautiful, covered in velvety moss. There are lovely flowers and ferns growing off the tree and amongst it's roots but it's as if she just isn't 'seeing' the beauty around her. She also has a rather luxurious looking cloak on but isn't interested in it's comfort. She looks to me really, really fed up - with a sad, 'not seeing' gaze - perhaps deep in thought. Notice the face on the stem of the upright cup nearest to her - is it just incidental decoration or does it mean something d'you think?