Renaissance Tarot (Jones / Lyle) - 2 of Wands

Sulis

I find this card very uplifting.
It's a very simple image but once again for this deck, the simplicity speaks very loudly.

In the centre of the card, against the usual burnt orange backdrop of the Wands cards we see a human figure. He stands between two wands which he holds off the ground so that they hang vertically a little like a doorway. He looks towards the wand on his right.

He looks to me as if he's saying 'hey look what I've got, now what do I do with them?'
He's taken the energy that the Ace offered and now he has a moment of pause (2s are related to the High Priestess) to decide upon his next move.
He's in a position of power, standing on the threshold (or in the doorway) of adventure. He can do whatever he likes but he just needs to be brave enough to go for it.

Attachments

• 2 of Wands.jpg
    2 of Wands.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 200

Enchanted

I like that about seeing it as a doorway. I hadn't seen that.

To me it gives a feeling of optimism, anticipation and excitement.

I thought he was looking at the two wands in a sense of anticipation, as if he was very excited to be in this position. I thought that he might be considering which one to use first, like he had two ideas, or two things on the go that he was excited about and now was asking how to proceed.

He seems very eager to me, keen to move forward. The feeling I get from the card seems quite contagious.

Papageno

Enchanted said:
I like that about seeing it as a doorway. I hadn't seen that.

To me it gives a feeling of optimism, anticipation and excitement.

it's similar to the High Priestess isn't it, between the two poles.

the book states:

"When power and energy are balanced between active and receptive, true victory is possible"

WooMonkey

Enchanted said:
To me it gives a feeling of optimism, anticipation and excitement. He seems very eager to me, keen to move forward. The feeling I get from the card seems quite contagious.

Yes, this card has a much more energetic and optimistic feeling than the usual RWS image. I get the feeling that he's just on the brink of starting something. He's full of power and energy, and it has to go somewhere--quick!

Enchanted

Papageno said:
it's similar to the High Priestess isn't it, between the two poles.

the book states:

"When power and energy are balanced between active and receptive, true victory is possible"

I didn't make that connection either! :|

So I guess while they aren't the two pillars, they are two wands, it still says in a way that he has the power in his own hands.

Little Baron

Nice thoughts.

I like the idea of the pause.

For me, it is like he has what he needs, but he is yet to make use of the power. Like making fire with two pieces of wood. You can have that potential sitting beside you for years, but until you decide to actually rub them togther, you will never feel the flame of the fire.

Here, the figure is spending a moment acknowledging what she has. And what she is going to do with it. It is a moment of recognisation.

LB