What spread should be used?

Moonbow

Thanks for all the compliments about the Pyramid Spread, but I can't actually take credit for it. It's a spread that I've known about for a long time and one of the few that I use. I like the freedom that it gives in interpretation. I assumed this spread was well known, like the CC and Hororscope spreads.

I'm glad to see that it's been useful though, and I see that okieinalaska has posted a reading with it in Your Readings:

Help with making a choice

pepperi

wineglass spread

http://www.talisman.net/tarot/index.html
I apologize lol I forgot to give you the layout for this spread!! But click here and you should be able to find it. This spread tells me everything it is awesome!! Let me know if you need more spreads. Be Blessed Kat

Khaelo

Ah, thank you. "In Wine, There is Truth" -- a spread with a slogan? Lol. Using sunny2's hint, another site with the wineglass spread comes up as well, a professional reading site. So if it works well enough to use professionally, it should be fine for amateurs. ;) Thanks, both.

cormac

very nice looking spread moonbow :) -- another journal entry and i'll try it later today :)

Catwomyn

Sunny, if you want to work with the CC, Joan Bunning has some good material about ways to work with it on her website. She suggests seeing the spread as a series of smaller ones - you have the central cross or core conflict, a past, present, future, goals/higher self vs unconscious and so on

On the hopes and fears issue, I've found often that the card represents both at the same time. For example the 10 of Wands could suggest you hope for responsibility but fear being burdened.