Non-scenic RWS pips (split from Impact pf PCS on the RWS deck)

Teheuti

Fabulous. Thank you for sharing these.

Yelell

I really wanted to see more of how the 'symbols only' versions looked so I worked on the pentacles (hope no one minds :) ) I'm really liking this. The second version of each card is just the symbols with no numbers. Hopefully this link will work ...

https://app.box.com/s/uibptcsoz2ka325b8l61ztqk7jyp92ij

Teheuti

I really wanted to see more of how the 'symbols only' versions looked so I worked on the pentacles (hope no one minds :) ) I'm really liking this. The second version of each card is just the symbols with no numbers. Hopefully this link will work ...

These are so intriguing. There's just enough of an interesting placement to make one want to tell a story about them. I hope you do all the suits.

MissChiff

I really am interested in this idea...my mind starts swimming with all the possibilities..

Yelell

I'm almost done going through the wands, and it's a reminder of the most frustrating thing to me about the RWS deck --- what parts are really meaningful? Which lines, flowers, dots were put there with specific purpose, and what was just "well, it looks a little empty on that side so I'll sketch in another mountain."

I wish I knew how deliberate the placement and patterns of the pips was.

Richard

The pips certainly were placed deliberately in the Ten of Pentacles. I don't know about the others.

Yelell

The pips certainly were placed deliberately in the Ten of Pentacles. I don't know about the others.

I've wondered if there's a reason for the placement for the 6 of pents - the pentacles and the money being given out are unbalanced to the left. Even the scales look a little to the left. After all, 6. could have been divided evenly.

I tried superimposing the pentacles from 2-10 over each other - some line up well, but not all, and I didn't end up with much of anything. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Yelell

ETA- there should also be a place to see the large "download" image in addition to the preview, although it works differently for me on a tablet vs a comp.

I finished the pips-only versions for all the suits 2-10's, and I uploaded copies in case anyone is curious how it ended up looking. I don't know how meaningful it really is, but it is certainly interesting. That was fun -- I think I'm taking a break now :cool3:

Teheuti

I finished the pips-only versions for all the suits 2-10's, and I uploaded copies
What a tremendous accomplishment and gift to those at aeclectic. It's fascinating to see the cards this way.

Richard

The Golden Dawn decan for the Two of Swords is Moon in Libra. The symmetrical placement of the swords in the RWS card is suggestive of the arms of a balance scale, and the moon is between them.

Attachments

• 2s.jpg
    2s.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 95