Process, Prologue

Baroli

Disa, that is excellent! That, I believe is what Dan meant the book for,....everyone who loves Tarot and wishes to prune and mulch and bloom like the rose bushes in the spring.

mac22

Baroli said:
Disa, that is excellent! That, I believe is what Dan meant the book for,....everyone who loves Tarot and wishes to prune and mulch and bloom like the rose bushes in the spring.

He also means we have periods of growth & meditation [dormancy] in our own tarot cycles -- like roses.

Mac22

Disa

Ok so I jumped the gun last night and assumed the Proloue was longer- on into chapter one I went, so this morning, I'm going back again to the Prologue.

Baroli said:
But you're missing my question. Why should we as readers drop everything that we have learned previously about Tarot and start over? What is the purpose of getting rid of the muck and airing the rose bushes?

I've decided that, even if we have volumes of knowlege based on years of study- we still need room to grow both as people and as readers. If my goal is to empower others to find their own path, then how can I expect them to learn if I am unwilling to do the same myself? There is always more to learn, sometimes we just have to clear the way to see it.

soaring feather

Disa said:
You guys are so much more experienced than I am with tarot but I hope you won't mind me tagging along a little bit as I go through my own process.

Baroli asked: Why should we as readers drop everything that we have learned previously about Tarot and start over? What is the purpose of getting rid of the muck and airing the rose bushes?

At this stage in my tarot journey, I have done the "bookwork" that I feel gave me a foundation in tarot, but now it's time to get rid of the books and go with my intuition. I would assume that getting rid of the muck could be tearing down the walls of "what is supposed to be" and finding out "what really is" for ourselves. This is the stage I'm in at the moment.

Now, Dan said to go and write 3 pages in pencil about why I want to read tarot- I haven't done it yet, but the idea lingers, and my set came with a tarot journal that has pages in the back, and pencils, and a pencil sharpener, so... it's time for me to stop being passive and take action in my process isn't it? I have all the tools, it's time to get busy.

Disa I am in the same boat or I might be in the boat somewhere behind you sinking.

Disa

soaring feather said:
Disa I am in the same boat or I might be in the boat somewhere behind you sinking.

There's no sinking, soaring feather, maybe we can all help each other fly :)

soaring feather

Disa said:
There's no sinking, soaring feather, maybe we can all help each other fly :)

I am going to try, as much as I can.

KarlThomas

I belong to a secret society where the elders occasionally ask a youngster to "take the cotton out of your ears, and stuff it in your mouth".

Is this anything like removing the muck from the roses?

Moving along into the prologue, what is the value for the reader in Dan's offer to take the deck back, and send the student on their way?

Disa

The value of taking the deck back and sending them on their way- hmm, I assume so that the student can decide on their own if they are really ready for the lessons. They can take time to process what they've already been told, and weigh their options. Because if they really aren't ready, then there's no point in coming back.

I'll have to listen to it again to make sure, I just got up and have had less than one cup of coffee so far.

Erm,
Karl, your pm box is full.

Now back to the Prologue....

D~

soaring feather

KarlThomas said:
I belong to a secret society where the elders occasionally ask a youngster to "take the cotton out of your ears, and stuff it in your mouth".

Is this anything like removing the muck from the roses?

Moving along into the prologue, what is the value for the reader in Dan's offer to take the deck back, and send the student on their way?

I have not had the opportunity to order the audio CDs or anything. But being a professor of MIS, in many of my classes I have found it easier to have them put away their books and use their instincts in learning a new application. Perhaps that is his intent?