Greenwood - Fool

Bat Chicken

The red and white dots are all over this deck.. makes me wonder... :)

BodhiSeed

Mi-Shell said:
About Fly Agaric see also my post Greenwood King of cups - Reindeer:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2128596&postcount=5
:)
I knew I'd seen those 'shrooms somewhere else! Thanks Mi-shell (I'm a bit late getting to this party:)).
I didn't realize how much this deck was connected to shamanic journeying and shamanism (I don't have the book). Really enjoying y'alls posts!

SarahRacheal

I agree she looks like she is holding onto her wings, just getting to grips with her ability to fly or journey into the spirit world. Dancing off the edge of the cliff with full faith in her guides ability to keep her safe, She is following him. The butterfly wings to me suggest, as is said in the online handbook, that states of ecstasy (which I imagine flying to be) can only be maintained for a very short time before the fall to earth brings us back to the here and now.

I will most likely edit to add more once I've worked with this card a while longer.

Purlwiseinga

I begin, today, with the study of this deck, and it is fitting, I think, to begin with the Fool.

The Fool floats, wings outspread, above the tree that is her world and normal experience. In an endless moment, the butterfly hovers, outside of time and space. (Of course, the butterfly lives only a few days, but without reference, outside of the world, this is also an endless space.) It takes great courage to follow the little deer and to leap boldly, without fore-knowledge, into the great journey. (Great courage is frequently indistinguishable from foolhardy-ness - or is that fool-hearted-ness?)

In order to take the first step, the butterfly must take some action, to furl the widespread wings, at least a little bit, to change from passive floating into a willing participant, drifting forward/down/onwards. The fool does not plummet, nor plunge out with intent to reach a goal, but there is still a decision, to follow one's heart (one's Hart?).

In order to change from hovering to a drift or glide, there is a need for at least a little momentum. Perhaps that is gained by taking up the little bundle of experience and stepping out....

Let me start where I am today, bringing along that which brought me to this point of beginning. I let go and join the people that live on the wind. I look forward to the journey into the Greenwood.

lark

This card ..sorry can't help it.. reminds me of crop circles.
The two balls of light she is holding are like the balls of light people have observed in the fields around/and forming crop circles....
The spiral in the middle reminds me of the circle itself, and the white horse is like the horses carved on the hills above the fields where the circles often are found.
The whole affect of the card is a feeling of someone gently touching down on earth..and that little bag is left behind...
I see it as a little bag of knowledge, ancient secrets..that once opened will propelled us into a different life altogether....
She is a visitor of light, who has the ability to fly...and is greeted by a white horse, who brings a bag of knowledge.
It's to late, our ancestors have already opened the bag and that is why we are where we are today, at this level of technology....
We are represented in the card by the horse, we carved on the hills in greeting...and the horse has taken the leap off the cliff....
And as gentle as a butterfly wing, in signs and wonders, the Fool tries to bring us back to the original essence of life.
To remind us of what it all originally was supposed to mean....but she can't touch or interfer...we have to come to the realization ourselves...we have one more chance.
The horse's hoofs are almost touching some green grass, a safe ledge??... we may have another chance.

infinitygirl

Apologies if this has already been mentioned (on this thread or elsewhere). I couldn't find anything so thought i'd add that the Greenwood Fool is clearly modelled on William Blake's Albion Rose (Aka The Dance of Albion, or Glad Day).

The Blake tarot also uses Albion Rose for Union/The World.