New: Yes ~ No ~ Why

Amanda

No problem Eyebright!

I'm just bumping this up once more for a matter of convenience, as I'm getting PMs asking about how I've just done the Yes/No readings over in the Exchange - so here it is folks! :)

zayats

I like this spread, used it once, have yet to see if the results I got were correct. I used it just as it was described originally. But I couldn't help but wonder: Is there any particular reason why "no" comes before "yes" in the positions?

Amanda

I asked JSNYC by email about his reasoning behind the 'No' and 'Yes' placement in the spread and this was his response:

JSNYC said:
I put "Yes" second because I thought it should be on the right (the lower-right of the triangle formed by the spread). Even though (I too) want to say yes first when drawing the spread (for some reason that sequence just "feels" like it "should" begin with "yes".), however, when looking at the spread itself, ignoring the sequence in which it is drawn, I think yes should be on the right, facing "forward", and no on the left. Yes usually indicates going forward whereas no indicates stopping or going backward. If I made yes the first position drawn and put it on the right as well, then the spread would look like this:

**3**
*2*1*

That looks silly. So, I made the spread:

**3**
*1*2*

Additionally, in binary no or FALSE is 0 and yes or TRUE is 1, so in a binary sequence no is first as well. And logically, everything is always "off" before you turn it "on", so no being first is the logical sequence too. I am essentially saying that I thought it made sense for no to be the first position on the left for every reason except the most obvious and compelling one, which is that I really "want" to say yes first for some reason. :)

However, it is obviously not important and can be done either way.

Little_Sparrow

I had actually not thought too much about the reasoning - though I did originally find it a little strange - but after reading the reasoning for it that's really cool and really intelligent - I already like the spread this makes me like it more lol

blu3

Okay, I asked the cards if I'm currently pregnant and it said Yes?? Or am I wrong? (A little confusing..)

1. 5 of Cups
2. Ace of Pentacles (dealt on the first try, by the way)

"Ace of Coins: a definite and conclusive answer."

3. The Tower

So that's a yes, right? I like this spread =) even though if I get this wrong right now, then
I'm still confused, lol. But I enjoy complex things =D

Little_Sparrow

Okay, I asked the cards if I'm currently pregnant and it said Yes?? Or am I wrong? (A little confusing..)

1. 5 of Cups
2. Ace of Pentacles (dealt on the first try, by the way)

"Ace of Coins: a definite and conclusive answer."

3. The Tower

So that's a yes, right? I like this spread =) even though if I get this wrong right now, then
I'm still confused, lol. But I enjoy complex things =D

What confuses me here is you typed Ace of Pentacles and then Ace of coins :confused:

blu3

What confuses me here is you typed Ace of Pentacles and then Ace of coins :confused:

No, I quoted the OP's original comment. He calls it the "Ace of Coins" while I call it "Ace of Pentacles".

Little_Sparrow

No, I quoted the OP's original comment. He calls it the "Ace of Coins" while I call it "Ace of Pentacles".

Oh wow- now I feel stupid lol - maybe I shouldn't blog and fight with toddlers as the same time? lol - But the answer you laid out does say a definite yes.

blu3

Oh wow- now I feel stupid lol - maybe I shouldn't blog and fight with toddlers as the same time? lol - But the answer you laid out does say a definite yes.

LOL! Don't worry, I can totally relate. Okay, so I get it now!

(To admin: Sorry if these posts are off topic)

Tarot Fairy

I've tried this spread a couple times and can say it is quite accurate to me!

I just don't understand this:

If the answer is neither yes nor no, then the card in position 3 explains why the answer is maybe, or why the question cannot or will not be answered. It is also possible the question simply cannot be answered at this time, and then the card in position 3 could indicate what needs to happen before an answer can be given.

how is it possible to have neither answer if you need to take cards until you have one of the 7 cards?