Call for Submissions for Tarot Spreads ebooks, June 30-August 31, 2010

Alissa

Greetings Aeclectic members,

I’m very excited to announce the beginning of a new series of Tarot spreads ebooks to be published by Aeclectic Tarot. These volumes will be different than the first, as each book will address a specific topic or format for Tarot spreads. The first three of the series will be Love & Relationships, Career & Finance and Three Card Spreads.

For those interested in submitting their spreads to be considered for publication, a call for submissions for all 3 of these volumes will begin on June 30, 2010. Submissions will be accepted until August 15, 2010.

Each author may submit up to 6 spreads total for consideration, with no more than 3 spreads intended per ebook. Submission does not guarantee publication. For the spreads that are chosen for publication, authors will receive one complimentary copy of each ebook that their work appears in.

Interested participants should send their submissions to my email: hennalissa @ hotmail.com (remove spaces) and tag them with the subject line “Re: Tarot ebook.” Please designate which ebook each of your spreads are intended for, i.e. the Love & Relationships, Career & Finance, or Three Card Spread volume. Do not send your submissions to my Private Message box here at Aeclectic.

Authors of the spreads chosen for publication will be contacted intermittently over the next 6 months as each ebook is compiled. Therefore, a submission this summer may not garner a decision regarding publication until several months later.

In general, when selecting spreads for publication I will be using much of the same criteria as before: spreads that are functional for a global audience and/or are universal in scope and therefore not confined to a specific nationality or religion, spreads that are original and unique, as well as spreads that are easily adaptable to a wide variety of reader’s needs. Submitted spreads may be currently posted on the Aeclectic Tarot forum, but are not required to be posted in order to be considered for ebook publication.

Thank you for all of your contributions to Aeclectic Tarot, and I hope to have the opportunity of publishing your work!

Blessings,
Alissa Hall, editor
hennalissa @ hotmail.com

Alissa

Bumping this for any folks who might have missed it when it first went up earlier this week.

Also, if anyone has questions regarding the project(s), feel free to use this thread to post them. I'm checking it regularly as well.

Shanti Shanti Shanti!

Metafizzypop

I have a question. ::raises hand::

I have a few spreads in the Tarot Spreads forum on threads that I started. If I want to submit any of these spreads to you, do you prefer I put the whole spread in the email, or can I just give a link to the thread? Do you have a preference?

Alissa

I can accept the link to the thread as long as in the body of the email you also make clear for each spread which volume each one is intended for. :D

Blessings!

Glass Owl

I love this idea! I love creating spreads but it may be difficult figuring out what spreads of mine are best suited for these particular categories. Ugh, decisions, decision! If nothing else, maybe I will just have to come up with some new ones :) (I will be more than happy to take any suggestions. Hint, hint.)

Any possibility of an ebook down the road pertaining to self-discovery or self development?

Alissa

Glass Owl said:
Any possibility of an ebook down the road pertaining to self-discovery or self development?
That's a good question, but one without a definite answer (yet!). :D

The idea for the series of ebooks came directly from Solandia, and I would be happy to pass along the suggestion for a self-discovery/improvement topic for a possible future ebook. But ultimately the spread topics and/or formats for any future ebooks will be her decision, as the publisher.

At this point, the first three ebooks will take until Spring 2011 to complete. After that? All possibilities exist!

pasara

Hi. Thanks for doing this! sounds fun.

I was wondering if you prefer a certain size of spread (aside obviously for the 3 card spreads book.) Are all sizes welcome?

Alissa

pasara said:
I was wondering if you prefer a certain size of spread (aside obviously for the 3 card spreads book.) Are all sizes welcome?
Yes, for the Love and Relationships and the Career and Finance books, any size spread is accepted.

However, here is my caveat... spreads that are longer will be looked at even more critically. Each spread position should be absolutely necessary to the spread and the integrity of a reading.

Therefore, large spreads (12+ cards) will have to do more to "prove" themselves, as I will be examining if each spread position is relevant and useful to the potential reader.

Hope this helps, and thank you for the question! :)

Alissa

Also, I will be on vacation for the next week and a half, but I will be taking the laptop and will endeavor to check in quasi-regularly for all submissions sent to my email, as well as any questions or comments within this thread. (I just may be a wee bit slower in response time).

tarotreader2007

As I don't make spreads, this question doesn't regard me but I do find it important to ask for others:

Will anything aside from the spread design and position names/descriptions be published as well? Or, as I think might lend a clearer use of the text, will there be room to publish a paragraph or so of intent/elaboration from each author?

Good luck and enjoy!

Peace and Love,

tarotreader2007