Need a spread for poetry

LunarHermit

I've noticed a lot of writing spreads relating to short stories, novels, and even essays, but I have yet to see one relating to poetry. Does anyone know of any, and if so, can you give the all the steps in detail?

Zelmira

Lunar Hermit:
I have not seen any for poetry in the index. Perhaps you could create your own one according to your needs. Also there is a thread where you can ask for the creation of specific spread. May be this group can create for you. Good luck in your endeavors.

Zelmira

LunarHermit

Lunar Hermit:
I have not seen any for poetry in the index. Perhaps you could create your own one according to your needs. Also there is a thread where you can ask for the creation of specific spread. May be this group can create for you. Good luck in your endeavors.

Zelmira

Ooooooh, thanks for the advice, can you tell me how to put this on that thread?

fractalgranny

I've noticed a lot of writing spreads relating to short stories, novels, and even essays, but I have yet to see one relating to poetry. Does anyone know of any, and if so, can you give the all the steps in detail?

as a writer and poet, i wonder why you would need a separate one? what exactly are you looking for?

LunarHermit

as a writer and poet, i wonder why you would need a separate one? what exactly are you looking for?

A spread relating to themes, meter, length, whither it should be free verse or concrete, or maybe one relating to what I subconciously should let out of my system through my writing.

fractalgranny

A spread relating to themes, meter, length, whither it should be free verse or concrete, or maybe one relating to what I subconciously should let out of my system through my writing.

as far as themes and what you might want to subsconsciously let out of your system are concerned, that would be like any other reading, no?

is it possible that the issue is not so much the spread but asking the right question? once you have the question, the spread isn't that difficult.

and is it possible that what you're looking for is to just let 'er rip ... ? there's a nice thread about that here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=186685

in my experience as a writer (and i've been doing this for a long, long time) presetting meter, length, free verse or concrete may not be that helpful in getting you going with your writing.

i'd be happy to do a reading with you about this if you think it might help.

LunarHermit

as far as themes and what you might want to subsconsciously let out of your system are concerned, that would be like any other reading, no?

is it possible that the issue is not so much the spread but asking the right question? once you have the question, the spread isn't that difficult.

and is it possible that what you're looking for is to just let 'er rip ... ? there's a nice thread about that here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=186685

in my experience as a writer (and i've been doing this for a long, long time) presetting meter, length, free verse or concrete may not be that helpful in getting you going with your writing.

i'd be happy to do a reading with you about this if you think it might help.

Hm.... Good point. Thank you, I plan on being a freelance righter anyway. So it would be nice to get tips from an expert. :3

fractalgranny

so ... here is something we could do, a 3-card spread:

1) what's keeping me from writing, right now, instead of doing this tarot spread?
(if you want to write instead, go ahead :))

2) what makes me want to write?

3) what's one thing that i can commit to write at least one short poem or one short paragraph about?

why don't we both do this spread and see what happens?

LunarHermit

Okay.... What's holding me back from writing? And is there a way to unblock the feelings that hinder me.

fractalgranny

great! i'll get onto it. and since this is something that bothers me, too, sometimes, perhaps you might want to do the same for me? i'll have it done within the next 24 hours, probably earlier.