Night Sun Tarot

Farzon

I bought this deck a few months ago and I really like it. I love the already stated recurring symbols. They give depth to the cards and add links to cards you otherwise wouldn't think of.

I used it in a reading exchange for AnemoneRosie and used the symbols to compare cards and to bring in other cards which could enlighten the meaning. It was one of my most detailed readings and provided some really great results! Although this kind of explanations will work only between Tarot nerds and not in a reading for your average querent.

Take for instance the Hanged Man: his head is in a cage and he holds a key behind his back. On the key there is a symbol of an eye. For me, this is a very beautiful way to express the esoteric meaning of the Hanged Man in a new way, the deepening of understanding of the divine. Our thoughts are caged but we hold the key ourselves, and this key is the third eye. There is again the connection to yoga.

I can't get my head around the different eggs though. To me they appear intact where I would expect them to be broken and vice versa... any guesses on this yet?

I would recommend it to everyone who likes a deck that defies intuition at first sight. It can be a very rewarding experience analyzing the cards and their symbols.

imno007

That's intriguing! :)

To tide us over, here's an interview with Fabio from a year ago (for those who haven't read it).

http://www.worthytarot.com/blog/201...fabio-listrani-creator-of-the-night-sun-tarot

Thanks for sharing. This interview provided me with what MIGHT be a clue as to what Spiffo was referring to above, when he mentioned an exciting announcement from Fabio in the near future. When asked if he might ever create another deck, Fabio answered:

"...I would have never thought about making another one but…. I have received a proposal in this direction so…. Who knows? Ha Ha…."

That interview was a year ago, so if he's been maybe working on another deck for the last year.... ;)

Le Fanu

This is the only deck I bought + hated + gifted + kept-getting-recurring-urges-to-reacquire + so bought again + now love.

For this I feel that it must have something to offer me. I think, of all LoS decks, this deck fits best in the LoS card format and size. Can't really explain this well but I have a sense that this deck works partly because everything about it feels proportional to the card size. the artwork isn't squeezed or too big or too microscopic. It feels right in the hand.

Plus it has just the right amount of hellishness without being silly. Something about it pulls me in. There's these "virtuosically" contorted nymphs in a few cards which bother me but overall it works well.

I love the deco futurism of the Wheel of Fortune and the rays in some of the Pentacles and Swords. I find those beaky heads in the Swords suit a bit too odd but can live with them

Patrick Booker

I bought this deck a few months ago and I really like it. I love the already stated recurring symbols. They give depth to the cards and add links to cards you otherwise wouldn't think of.

I used it in a reading exchange for AnemoneRosie and used the symbols to compare cards and to bring in other cards which could enlighten the meaning. It was one of my most detailed readings and provided some really great results! Although this kind of explanations will work only between Tarot nerds and not in a reading for your average querent.

Take for instance the Hanged Man: his head is in a cage and he holds a key behind his back. On the key there is a symbol of an eye. For me, this is a very beautiful way to express the esoteric meaning of the Hanged Man in a new way, the deepening of understanding of the divine. Our thoughts are caged but we hold the key ourselves, and this key is the third eye. There is again the connection to yoga.

I can't get my head around the different eggs though. To me they appear intact where I would expect them to be broken and vice versa... any guesses on this yet?

I would recommend it to everyone who likes a deck that defies intuition at first sight. It can be a very rewarding experience analyzing the cards and their symbols.

In the Camoin/Jodorowsky Marseille deck, the Papess/High Priestess has an egg. Jodo discusses it in his book, and claims that his deck restores something that is partly evident in older decks - I don't think he has much support for this. It is clear that Jodo is one of the influences on this deck, so I suspect that Listrani has extended the symbolism to other cards. Jodo thinks that the Papess is hatching the egg. I must admit that I hadn't notices the presence of the egg in other cards. If you accept Jodo's interpretation, I suppose that the broken/hatched egg in the Empress has some logic.

Patrick

Myrrha

I love it when a deck creates a network of symbols that connect the cards. you're right it can be hard to explain these kinds of connections in a reading. I find it works better in person where I can point out the visual relationships, even if it isn't another tarot enthusiast I am reading for. People sometimes see the visual relationship as "evidence" that what you are saying about the card isn't made-up on the fly. It makes it all more concrete to have a visual relationship rather than just connecting ideas. Loved what you said about the cage and the key.

I think I will pick up the deck and start writing about the cards, maybe read with it or maybe not.

Laura Borealis

Thanks for sharing. This interview provided me with what MIGHT be a clue as to what Spiffo was referring to above, when he mentioned an exciting announcement from Fabio in the near future. When asked if he might ever create another deck, Fabio answered:

"...I would have never thought about making another one but…. I have received a proposal in this direction so…. Who knows? Ha Ha…."

That interview was a year ago, so if he's been maybe working on another deck for the last year.... ;)

It seems that Fabio is indeed working on a new deck! Mentioned on his Facebook page -

SANTA MUERTE Tarot by © Fabio Listrani
OUT in 2017 - on © Lo Scarabeo Tarot

Based on the Mexico’s Trinity of Death: Santa Muerte, Day of the Dead and La Catrina

Attachments

• Fabio Listrani Lo Scarabeo Santa Muerte tarot.jpg
    Fabio Listrani Lo Scarabeo Santa Muerte tarot.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 265

JoJoCat

Chiming in to say that I love this deck. It's a bit too difficult for me to read sometimes because everything can be so weighty and deep and also because my particular deck has made clear that he doesn't like reading for love questions -- but it is definitely a good challenge for me!

The egg also appears in 7S where a human figure sits in lotus pose (I think that's what it's called?) and ponders an egg in his hand. Such a huge departure from the usual "deceit" meaning from RWS decks! The person is so still and meditative almost...

There are also two broken egg halves in 10W, floating between two sets of five wands bound together, which frankly confuses me haha

Achlys

There are also two broken egg halves in 10W, floating between two sets of five wands bound together, which frankly confuses me haha
I usually read that as being "the straw that broke the camel's back" since I normally associate the 10W with being overburdened