After Tarot by Lo Scarabeo

rylla

It's just me or is there anybody else who find this deck funny? (in a GOOD sense). Digging up more images on the net I was laughing out loud. I also like the artwork.

Morwenna

New Vision is still on my wish list, though I may have waited a little too long; the store where I've seen it, I didn't see it last week. :(

But this one! When it first came up in another thread, I fell in love! Yes I want this one! I want to hear how everyone likes it.

rylla

The After Tarot is up on Aeclectic -

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/after-tarot/

~ Solandia

Thank you Solandia for bringing to our attention. What a wonderful review! It has all the necessary info for those interested to be able to make an educated decision! As I was reading the review it occurred to me that this deck wouldn't be completely suitable for beginners though as it would be better to learn/know first the meaning of the RWS deck and to use this deck after - than I saw you mentioned even that in your review! I believe that combining the meaning of the cards of the After tarot with the meaning of the RWS would enrich any reading. I went to Alida store to order it, but they carry only the deck. Amazon UK caries the kit (with 1 to 3 weeks delivery), you might want to add that link too if you find it useful.

Morwenna

Yes, thank you, Solandia! Great review! Now I want this deck more than ever.

nicky

Just because one can, doesn't mean one should -

gregory

Just because one can, doesn't mean one should -
Just because you feel that way about Lo Scarabeo doesn't mean you have to say so EVERY time they bring out a deck... (nicky - much as I love you, you are getting so predictable on this one, your other posts lose impact, seriously.)

And actually I LIKE this one.

And tell me; how do you feel about this deck - is it OK because it is a) indie and b) not LoS. Or would you like to say just because he could doesn't mean he should have done that, either ?

nicky

Gregs - I am sure some LS decks have been published without my comments...my issue is not with LS it is with this deck - isn't the next card in the suit the furthering of the energy ? The whole concept is ridiculous.

So you get a 4 of pents and warn your sitter perhaps about obsessing over money - the lesson is in the 5...

I'm sorry you don't like my opinion but I think the deck is wonky.

gregory

The next card in the deck - sure - but there is also the question of what, literally, happens after a card you look at without going on to the next in the suit - which, after all, you probably didn't draw in the same spread anyway... Is the fool going to fall ? Why should one not discuss his fall without thinking of the magician. Why not look at 5 pents and not have the charity (or otherwise...) of the 6 - if it isn't in the spread, how would you explain the lesson of the 6 to your sitter, who can't see it?

What do you think of the Waiting To Happen one, then ?

nicky

The next card in the deck - sure - but there is also the question of what, literally, happens after a card you look at without going on to the next in the suit - which, after all, you probably didn't draw in the same spread anyway... Is the fool going to fall ? Why should one not discuss his fall without thinking of the magician. Why not look at 5 pents and not have the charity (or otherwise...) of the 6 - if it isn't in the spread, how would you explain the lesson of the 6 to your sitter, who can't see it?

What do you think of the Waiting To Happen one, then ?

The Waiting to Happen is the same dross. In my never humble opinion, tarot is a template - like astrology kabbalah etc etc. You may change the template 'just because you can' but you really should have something thought out that will improve your view of how it all works or ultimately you are just standing on air. If you believe, as I do, that these 78 pieces of cardboard represent specific energies which inform us - then changing the symbols on the card to represent the NEXT energy is ridiculous. What is happening NOW.

To answer your post - what is the point of reading the now when you have the next (possible) step already there -you have taken the whole power out of your sitters hands by showing them at the time of the question what the outcome is -and a static one as well.. when did the two of cups become necessarily romance ? Seriously the more I look at this the more irritated I become. The deck does nothing to add to anyones skill at reading cards and probably lessens it in fact.

nicky