The Portrait Spread - for insight into one's personality

Alissa

This is a new spread I made up that I used just recently and am enjoying quite a bit, so I thought to share. The shape is laid out like a face.

...............[1]...............
...............[3]...............

[Bracketed] cards are meant to be laid horizontally instead of vertically.

Card 1 - This is how s/he/I see the world, this is what I see
Card 2 - This is what s/he/I smells; this is where I'm following my nose to
Card 3 - This is how s/he/I talk; this is how I communicate
Card 4 - This is what I hear others say about me/s/he
Card 5 - This is what I hear myself say about myself
Card 6 - This is how s/he/I think, this is his/her/my perception of the world

The picture of the spread and its position meanings came to me spontaneously, and while using it several times, I've found it very helpful in both getting personal insights into myself, as well as insights into others.

Card 2 was the strangest to understand. It seems the "nose/smell" card shows the reader where the subject is following their nose to; where they're heading next but in a more immediate time frame. Imagine a bloodhound following a scent, this card shows the trail s/he/you are following.

The bracketed cards just seemed "right" when I laid them horizontally, I dunno if this is my aesthetics, or what! :) As such, it makes reading the card as a reversal pretty tricky, if not impossible, for the reading. For myself, the lack of reversals in these positions didn't seem to make much difference, but a reader could choose to keep them upright if they wanted their reversals and no confusion.

Feedback is always welcome, and in general, I hope others have as much fun with it as I've had in the past week! :smoker:

Isaacrpgr

Nice Spread,great way to gain insight of your true self or see what anothers person ambitioions truly lie. as for the reversals,facing 90 degrees clockwise=Normal postion
90 Degrees anti-clockwise = Reversal

BTW-Is it supposed to represent a person or their face,just looks like a face or stick figure to me if not,i apologize

-David
Merry Meet,Merry Part
Blessed it Be,Blessed by the Heart

Alissa

It's meant to look like a face, hence the position meanings... but I'm fine with the stick figure if that's what makes sense to another user. :D Thanks for the feedback!

Isaacrpgr

Its just me view pictures in all ways,
like i saw a spill of water yesterday
could of been

Loch Ness type of monster
octupus or squid
or person who was just shot with blood pouring out extremly fast
decent spread neway
even if this post isn't too constructive

celeste

I liked your spread too Alissa, and I found it pretty accurate. The only thing I would change about it/or modify if I was using it for others, is that I would use two or more cards for one position (if they jumped out at me). There is more than one way of seeing the world for instance, or the other cards could modify or expand on your particular way of seeing the world or "smelling" it ect.

Celeste