Having Fun with Essential Oils!

Tanga

Ahh yessss... the wonder of essential oils.
Over 20 years ago - I trained as a clinical aromatherapist (and sports/remedial massage therapist).
However - after working with them in my massage practice for a year - I began to be allergic to them on contact - and - inhaling that many different combinations in a day left me high all night (and hence - all week! Lol).
:joke: :joke:

So - I had to move away from that - and now, I'm a manual lymphatic drainage massage therapist (no scent and often no medium either).
I have "straight" massage clients occasionally and can tollerate that much.

I like oils more than incense and my favourites scents are Elemi, May Chang, anything Citrusy 'cause they're all so uplifting and warming (and make me think of home which is way warmer and brighter than here), and Lemon Balm.
I love PalmaRosa too - but one can't get that anymore (endangered tree species).

I burn one or a blend of 2-3 in an (old fashioned with a nightlight) oil burner about 3-5 times a week.
Sometimes I make a room spray... need to find that wonderful Parrot Rum again which lent such a wonderful undertone to the blends, as well as being the alcohol that helps dissolve the oils in a water mixture...

I remember Valerie Wormwood... maybe still have her book somewhere...
Lol. :) :).

celticnoodle

I also have Valerie Wormwoods book--well one of them. "The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy". LOVE IT! :thumbsup:

My fave oils are oil of oregano for mostly warding off colds and virus'. One drop in a glass of water every morning is good to build up a resistance to colds.

Luckily for us, we do have a grocery store that sells essential oils from a reputable "organic" place and there is also a store in town that does the same. I haven't ever ordered oils online though.

Village Witch

I also have Valerie Wormwoods book--well one of them. "The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy". LOVE IT! :thumbsup:

My fave oils are oil of oregano for mostly warding off colds and virus'. One drop in a glass of water every morning is good to build up a resistance to colds.

I have that book and also her "Aromatherapy for the Healthy Child". Love them both.

My favorite essential oil books are "Advanced Aromatherapy" and "Essential Oils and Cancer" and "Advanced Aromatherapy" all by Kurt Schnaubelt, and "Quick Reference Guide for 114 Important Essential Oils" by Monika Haas.

I have never used oregano essential oil, but I know folks who swear by it. I will be adding oregano to my list.

celticnoodle

T.Y. Village Witch for mentioning these books: "Essential Oils and Cancer" and "Advanced Aromatherapy" all by Kurt Schnaubelt,. I am not familiar with them, but as I do have a lot of family members and friends with cancer, I will have to check it out. Many in my family had and/or has cancer--perhaps it will prove beneficial somehow. I'll look for it in Barnes and Noble next time I go there and also online.