Another 5 of Pentacles Question

WalesWoman

In the Radiant RWS the guy on crutches has two different colored socks, yellow and blue. Any ideas on this or why?

Yellow is an Air color, spiritual, cheerfulness, mental, etc. and blue is peace, tranquility, emotions, etc. So maybe since he's looking up at the window, he's taking his problems in stride? While the other person is wrapped in cheerful colors and seems not to be seeing anything at all, maybe her feet are too cold.

Anyway I'm really trying to find some positive spin on this card since one place I read said there was nothing positive about this card at all.

poivre

"the light within"

the window showing us to look at our own inner light for our riches, not from the outside world alone.

Inside the light is on & outside it is dark.

Yellow & blue socks shows a spiritual outlook or inner riches far outshine any material fortunes.

All I really know about this card is that we are to learn or be aware of a lesson here & move on in life not to repeat the cycle.

I know I didn't answer the question but had to get my 2 cents in.
lol

Imagemaker

Somewhere else I posted the shock I felt when opening the Morgan Greer and seeing the two people comforting each other. JMD posted that an original meaning of the 5 Pentacles was love--which I don't get from the usual image.

There's another deck, I don't remember which and I'm not at home, where the outsiders are walking past a window, not obviously poor or disabled, and the celebrating partiers can be see inside. There are 3 pentacles in the window and 2 on the ground in the snow. The outsiders aren't at the party, but they don't particularly seem to be suffering.

I like variations in imagery, but these two seem very different from the standard picture.

tmgrl2

This is one of my most favorite least favorite cards ...there is another whole thread on it about the bells...might want to read that thread also:

tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23105

I didn't notice the colors but agree with previous three posts re interpretation....I do think of anxiety, worry, loss of security, being "out in the cold"....hardship....but I still see that stained glass window as help that is there and not being seen or help that is very nearby. The blue and yellow on the figure with the crutches is matched by blue/yellow in the stained glass window...yet not on the other figure...interesting observation...
help for one but not the other? Someone mentioned in the other thread I listed above, that sometimes people get caught up in their own personal pain and don't see the help right before them. The figure with the crutches almost looks like he's (she's) looking upward somewhat...whereas the other has the fact down and forward toward the storm...so two different people suffering...yet one might avail oneself of help if only it is looked for...the other just doesn't "see" a way out...?

good topic..

tmgrl

Centaur

WalesWoman said:
In the Radiant RWS the guy on crutches has two different colored socks, yellow and blue. Any ideas on this or why?

Perhaps he is so poor that he cannot afford a matching pair?

Or perhaps it reflects the necessity of adopting a positive attitude when in the midst of misery... be a little flippant... don't care so much... don't let it get you down.

Although, that is often easier said than done.

Centaur

Jeanette

Imagemaker said:

There's another deck, I don't remember which and I'm not at home, where the outsiders are walking past a window, not obviously poor or disabled, and the celebrating partiers can be see inside. There are 3 pentacles in the window and 2 on the ground in the snow. The outsiders aren't at the party, but they don't particularly seem to be suffering.

I think it's Kay Steventon's Spiral Tarot.

Maybe the guy has the same pair of socks back at home..... LOL

Fulgour

WalesWoman said:
In the Radiant RWS the guy on crutches has two different colored socks, yellow and blue. Any ideas on this or why?... Anyway I'm really trying to find some positive spin on this card since one place I read said there was nothing positive about this card at all.
One book Pam would certainly have been familiar with,
MacGregor Mathers The Tarot (pre-Golden Dawn) says:
Lover or Mistress, Love, Sweetness, Affection,
Pure and Chaste Love.
Reversed: Disgraceful Love, Imprudence,
License, Profligacy.

All of which sounds very suspicious. I mean, where'd they come
up with that? Continentals like Levi and Etteilla were bonkers.

As for the 'socks' different colours, he won't be needing either
for long... and it may be that foot is frozen. I sometimes wonder
if Pam didn't slip this in because of the horrible plight of so many
poor and sick people in the London of 1909, and perhaps here
they are dragging by the well lit but locked up last lost refuge.
Dickens and Hogarth made similar observations in their work.

Penelope

WalesWoman said:
Hmm. It's on all my decks like that. Leprosy?

tmgrl2

Spiritual help available and nearby if one seeks it and/or needs it?

Or....poverty on a material level, doesn't necessarily mean spiritually deprived or unenlightened. May even be pointing that up....that despite, lack of material goods ...even physical health, one can always seek health of spirit or have it?

Pents anyhow as four elements PLUS Spirit as fifth...

terri