STUDY GROUP: Crystals, Gem & Metal Magic

starfish66

This whole thread makes me want to get a smoky quartz orb. Off to go and see if there's one to be had at the website our Hermit provided...

:TFOOL Starfish

the hermit

Starfish said:
This whole thread makes me want to get a smoky quartz orb. Off to go and see if there's one to be had at the website our Hermit provided...

:TFOOL Starfish
I've said it before, but think it worth repeating...
If you can find a rock shop with a good selection the costs of rocks and crystals and especially spheres can be much, much cheaper. There are lots of them around the US but the problem is often finding them. Phonebooks and web search engines often don't have them in a logical listing. Try rocks, crystals, gems, and lapidary to find them.

blackthorn

Me too me too count me in I love stones they are a big part of my life. I wanna join ...lol (What can i tell you i've been with my 8 yr old daughter and her friends for days!!!)

DarkElectric

I find Smokey Quartz to be very effective when releasing built up nagativity. It just seems to suck it all out and transform it, somhow. I have some really nice smokey quartzes.

Just be aware, that there is a less than scrupulous method for producing it, which involves irradiation of clear quartz. I always make sure that my smokeys are natural, not irradiated. Has anyone else heard of this irradiation thing? Hermit?

rostie

count me in too...i just adore stones, all of them...since i was a little kid, the first one i actually bought was an amethist...i still love 'em...

sara.

Strega

I'd love to participate! :)

the hermit

DarkElectric said:
I find Smokey Quartz to be very effective when releasing built up nagativity. It just seems to suck it all out and transform it, somhow. I have some really nice smokey quartzes.

Just be aware, that there is a less than scrupulous method for producing it, which involves irradiation of clear quartz. I always make sure that my smokeys are natural, not irradiated. Has anyone else heard of this irradiation thing? Hermit?

I agree with DE about negativity. Smokey Quartz makes a great grounding crystal.

Yes, unfortunately DE is also right about irradiated clear quartz.
This is done more often than many realize.
One way to be sure is that irradiated quartz tends to be consistently dark and not clear where as true smokey quartz is still very transparent and normally has varying shades of dark tones within it.

The irradiated quartz is not harmful... it's just not smokey quartz.

starfish66

the hermit said:
Yes, unfortunately DE is also right about irradiated clear quartz.
This is done more often than many realize.
One way to be sure is that irradiated quartz tends to be consistently dark and not clear where as true smokey quartz is still very transparent and normally has varying shades of dark tones within it.

The irradiated quartz is not harmful... it's just not smokey quartz.

Thanks to DarkE and Hermit for the heads up! I've got my eye on a gorgeous Smoky Quartz orb... It's on my wishlist for my birthday. I'll have to research if it's truly Smoky Quartz.

:TQW Starfish

DarkElectric

Dear, sweet Starfish!
I'm so glad that my information was helpful! And thanks to the Hermit, for corroborating that! I love smoky quartz a lot, and the spheres made of the genuine article are quite beautiful. I have one. I love it:)