SG--crystals, gems -- Obsidian

catlin

Hi folks,

Anyone willing to share some ideas about Obsidian?

I use it for bringing changes in your life, to change viewpoints, attitudes.

Strega

I use obsidian for divination, grounding, and protection. Also for gaining clear insight into problems, opening awareness of past lives, working through karmic issues, and balancing emotional and mental aspects. :)

starfish66

I have a lovely piece of snowflake obsidian that I sometimes use for grounding. I have never been fortunate enough to see black obsidian or mahogany/red obsidian in person. :)

:TCHAR Starfish

Laurel

Obsidian is my personal stone. Back when I was a teenager living in Jackson Hole, WY we lived way out of town up the side of a mountain. Along the road on the switch-back beneath my house, there was a huge deposit of black obsidian. I would collect it and "chip" it into a variety of little trinkets. Invariably, I ended up with obsidian splinters in my fingers and I associate obsidian with painful but necessary cleansing. :)

Laurel

DarkElectric

I personally work very well with Obsidian. I have several different varieties. The large boulders of Snowflake that I have, I use for a protection grid in my home. It is essential to the generation of my personal stasis fields, as I find Obsidian to be a very electric stone.

I have a polished piece of Rainbow obsidian which I use in conjunction with Actinolite to provide an effective shield against any form of Psychic assault. ( I keep it on my answering machine!)And my pride and joy are two polished Obsidian spheres. One is Violet sheen, the other is Gold sheen. These I use in meditation. I find that Obsidian has a tendency to bring hidden issuse to the surface, sometimes, unfortunately, in an "In Your Face" kind if way. I also have pure black obsidian, as well as the mahogany, and blue/green variety. Apache Tears are also a nodular form of Obsidian.

jade

i saw some green obsidian at the gem store today. never heard of it before that.

i was thinking of purchasing a huge piece of black obsidian (about 12" high and 6" wide) kinda a broken off shape.........to use at my meditation group. if someone is having problems grounding touching that thing should bring them right down. ($40)

may get it tomorrow :)

(great study group by the way!)
jade

the hermit

this is one of my favorite rocks...
and living here in california makes it abundantly available.

Just a little over an hour north of me, up in Lake County, is Mt. Konocti, which is a fairly young, currently inactive (though not extinct :) ) cinder cone volcano. Near it, on Bottle Rock Road, is a road cut that exposes a 60 foot high wall of obsidian! To get great pieces all one must do is pull over and pick them up (we use leather gloves Laurel :) ). The rock face fractures often because of the road and the road crews scoop it up and pile it nicely by the wayside (the road cut is over a hundred years old and the source of the road name). I’ve seen trucks and tractors at the cut picking up big boulders for commercial rock resellers. The county loves it cuz that’s less work for the crews!

My primary use for obsidian is grounding and warding. At each of the corners of our house I’ve buried pieces to form a psychic ward system. I have several large pieces that I use for grounding and internal warding.

catlin

Wow, how I envy you to have this stone practically at your front door! You should see how expensive it is sold here.

the hermit

catlin said:
Wow, how I envy you to have this stone practically at your front door! You should see how expensive it is sold here.

you just need to move closer to a volcano
hawaii is nice this time of year :D

catlin

Thanks hermit, should I ever become a millionnaire I will keep that in mind.

B/W we also have some extinct volcanoes here, in the Eifel, maybe I should go there next year on a holiday?