Reading for yourself could be dangerous?

nisaba

Thank you guys for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with me about reading for yourself.

It's always a pleasure. The beauty of this forum is that you'll get lots of opinions from people with different experiences, and you can just read them all and see what accords with your own feelings. :)

My aplogies for my late reply. Ive been having the flue.

<smile> It happens. Get well.

Farzon

I heard you will get blind after reading for yourself. Very much like masturbation but in a spiritual way [emoji13] .

The only danger I see in reading for yourself is to get caught up in your phantasies about a situation, positive or negative. Some people seem to lose contact with reality but it's doubtful of they had this contact before reading for themselves...

Then again, even thinking about your own life can get you in the same troubles. Try to see your readings from two sides, and don't use them to confirm your hopes or fears. Because that's the only danger I've run into so far.

snowmoon

Hi all,

I had a interesting conversation with my friend today. She is wiccan and very wise and knows a lot of stuff about the spirtuel world. I told her that i sometimes do readings for myself. She told me not to do it anymore. That you should only read for others because its dangerous to read for yourself.

I would like to hear your expertise and opinions about this.
And why it could be dangerous.

hi, I'm related to wicaa, but, i do read for myself.

St.Kilda.Witch

I'm from a generation of witches (ie not wiccans) and have never heard this idea of it being dangerous to read for oneself. As a witch consulting the Tarot or even playing cards is a normal thing to do.

Holly doll

Witch too!

I've heard some weird reasons why it's dangerous to read for yourself. The only time it has been hazardous for me is when I put my favourite deck into a cedarwood box on a high shelf; it fell when I reached up to get it down...One bump on the forehead later... })

ihcoyc

There may be some people who shouldn't read for themselves. I suspect it's a matter of temperament. I've never found it an issue. I may be fortunate in my ability to step back from myself and let the cards speak for themselves. I don't read for myself when I'm too upset to be able to do that.

Mystica7

Reading for one's self musn't be any more dangerous than having a reading otherwise.

A reading can impose a good deal of conditioning on you, where you may self-fulfill a bad omen. There are cases when any kind of pre-warning won't do you any good...

This is actually a very deep philosophical subject (involving destiny and what not), however, strange as it may sound since I say this in a Tarot forum, I would not recommend this practice to someone I really care for. (Let's say my daughter, otherwise it's really none of my business.)

My highest aim in life is to be in such a point where I don't even feel the need for a reading, or any kind of oracle; since that point feels way better. I am not always there and that's all.

Don't get me wrong, working with the Tarot cards, doing readings and having the sight is a gift I appreciate a lot, and could even be a life style, a rewarding one, both for one's self and everybody else. I as rather a religious person see full dedication and surrender as a higher and more powerful point on behalf of myself.