Card of the day reading - morning or night?

MissChiff

Both..I pull 3 cards in the morning..and then I will pull 5 cards in the evening.

Barleywine

This thread has me thinking. Although I prefer a morning draw, the idea of adding a kind of "coda" to the day's outlook by ending the day with another pull is intriguing. What I think I will do is this:

My daily draw spread has three general categories - main focus of the day and opportunity cards in the areas of "personal power" and "mood" - and an extra "wild card" that I apply as a qualifier in the area that seems the most problematic or uncertain. Although it's not part of the spread, what I've also been doing is deriving a "quint" card from the three-card set this produces, and now I think I'll wait until the end of the day to do this, just to see if and how the quint played out in the day's events.

Honeysun

It depends, but I usually do card draws for the day at night the day before, it gives me more time to look up interpretations if I need any help. Besides, I have a lot of stuff to do in the morning, like making myself look pretty :p

Брианна

I'm a newbie, and for a while I was picking a card in the morning, but then I'd either spend all day waiting for the "event" of the card to happen or I'd forget about the card, and many times I became confused about the meaning.

So in order to start learning the cards better and connecting them to myself, I started picking a card at night and asking myself "What happened to me today?" or "What lessons did I learn today?"

Since I've been doing that, it's been easier to look back on the day and better understand the card's meaning and what it could mean in future readings.

JackofWands

When I was first learning Tarot, I did daily draws at night so I could connect my cards back to events that had already happened. Once I was more comfortable, I switched to morning draws, because at the end of a long day I simply don't have the energy for a Tarot reading.

tarotesoterica

I usually do it in the morning. Sometimes I'll do it in the evening for the next day if I know I won't have time and I'm really on a roll. To me the morning is preferred because it will be fresh in my mind and I'll be more likely to reflect throughout my day on my reading.

EmpyreanKnight

I prefer night readings for the following day because I'm just too busy in the morning. The thing is, if one draws a negative card he/she might tend to dwell on it and might have a bit of trouble sleeping so it might not be recommended for some

nisaba

Do you do your daily card reading in the morning as a way of preparing yourself for the day ahead, or do you read it at night as a way of better reflecting on your day?

I don't do a daily draw at this stage of my life, but if I did, I'd do it at night and look back on the day and the implications that the card might have for aspects of the day or the people around me that I mightn't have noticed during the day.

It's often interesting to pull that same card out of more than one deck to compare, once you have drawn one randomly.