• Select a random card for the center and place it fifth

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Select a card of the correct topic and find it in the stack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something I haven't listed

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Le Fanu

I lay them out one by one with a random card in the centre - and that's the theme or the "emphasis" card of my question.

Is that an option? None of the options seem to suggest that. I just deal out nine cards and card 5 ends up being the middle one, whatever it is...

Barleywine

I've thought about the idea of pre-selecting a topic card to set in the middle position of the square, but then I got to wondering about whether I should place another card on top of it during the regular draw or just lay the rest around it in a 1-2-3-4-6-7-8-9 sequence. For those that select a topic card in advance, how do you do this?

Genna

I've thought about the idea of pre-selecting a topic card to set in the middle position of the square, but then I got to wondering about whether I should place another card on top of it during the regular draw or just lay the rest around it in a 1-2-3-4-6-7-8-9 sequence. For those that select a topic card in advance, how do you do this?

Hi! I put
when I choose a card for 1, like Anchor for work, Bear for my mother etc.

Flaxen

I normally just shuffle and deal and lay the cards out in order:

The middle card reveals the focus. I use the square of nine for more general readings with a time frame of 4-6 weeks.

If I want to focus on a specific area, I shuffle and then search the deck for the appropriate key card and lay out the cards either side in a line of nine.

Shade

I wasn't quite sure how to vote, since I don't "select" the center card, I just let it fall out of the draw; I deal from top left to bottom right in three rows with no special consideration as to what lands in the middle. So I voted for "Random selection, placed fifth."

Yes that was meant by Option 3, the central card was the fifth from the top.

I lay them out one by one with a random card in the centre - and that's the theme or the "emphasis" card of my question.

Yep, also option 3.

snowmoon

3x3

hi, i mainly only use random and lay on 5,

2or select man/woman, then with random card,

3. topic card(on the side for 3, or one on the center), with random

Village Witch

I ran across a layout a few days ago that made a lot of sense to me. I tried it yesterday and it worked well.

It varies if I lay a predetermined center card or not. Depends on what I want to know. If I am reading about a person, I usually lay a predetermined card in the center. If reading about a situation, as to the theme or tone of the situation, I generally draw the center card at random.