reconsidering a cathar connection

Bernice

foolish:
I would like to reiterate that the theory is based on associations and references which I have pointed out that are rooted in the history, art and culture of France at the time when the tarot was being developed. And I believe this is an important distinction which not only differentiates the theory from many of those which are not as connected to its history, but also makes it more plausible.

This thread is now approaching 400 posts which contain much conjecture, but nothing of substance for a Cathar influence in the 22 trump images.

I'm afraid that unless a wholly subjective plausability opens the door to support a theory, there is nothing to research.

Bee :)

Moonbow

moderator note

Despite renewed efforts to discover support for the theory that Cathars had a hand in designing the 22 trump cards of the Marseilles tarot, nothing tangible has emerged. The thread has decended into a circular argument which contains no actual substance for a claim that Cathars were involved in influencing the tarot imagery. To keep the thread open will only give a platform to keep this argument going round in circles, therefore we have made the decision to close this thread.

Evie & Bernice