crystal study Group; obsidian

Mysticesque

Obsidian has been a great grounding tool for me in my spiritual endeavors. For some reason I find darker stones and crystals to be more effective to me personally while grounding -- maybe it's because they're less visually distracting to me than stones like sunstone or amazonite.

I've had great success with obsidian, Apache tears, hematite, snowflake obsidian, and blue tiger's eye. Snowflake obsidian is currently my favorite (right up there with hematite and normal obsidian). I find obsidian in whichever form to be grounding, calming, and stabilizing. I don't carry it around with me because mine's rather heavy, but it's still an amazing stone with wonderful capabilities.

Minotauro

the problem I have recording everything about obsidian is ; I am a generally well grounded earthy person, and it is hard to notice if it absorbs negative energy , because I cannot measure the absence of soething haha , I cant tell how much negative energy I havent received hahaha , but in generalI havent had issues with my mom in a while she hasnt done faces or grunted at me and I havent rolled my eyes haha , but las weeked , while wearing the stone we had an argument nothing bad , no real fighting but I told her I didnt like that she didnt suport me in my desition to study art when I finish my current carrer. wich I think could be atributed to obsidian , because it is something we have been dealing with for a while , and just now I told her. and telling thruths in order to resolve issues is one of its properties , I think it really made her reflect upon what she has been doing. I even wanted to tell her more but I stopped , it easnt necesary because I made my point and she got in in general. but still I havent gotten anything on the aspects of magic or divination/scrying , but that may be because I have never tried it and I dont really know how to do it hahaha

ETA and in case that and my username didnt gave it away Im a pretty classic taurus. hahaha

Minotauro

so I've been trying to scry for maybe an hour maybe half an hour , I dont know.

trying to scry then closing my eyes , trying to focus , trying to call whatever energys of the universe or tezcatlipoca or whatever , breathing and then trying to scry again stop and repeat etc.

and I think I did saw the " smoke" some people mention , I do know my reflection in my obsidian disapeared , and was replaced by either total blackness or some kind of smoky gray ish tint or something whatever it is called ( omg you can tottaly tell Im tired because aparently 3/4 of my vocabulary are gone , and I just realized I wrote "OMG" and "Tottaly" so there's that)

now my eyes kinds hurt , and so does my forehead , I think that is the chakra related to the third eye , right? maybe it is working , I think I did something worng ,or a lot of things wrong haha , but I do know it suposedly takes a loooooong while for someone to even beging seeing things and I think I saw a deer skull , or something with antlers , maybe it was a deer skull mask.

I think I need more preparation and have a clear intention , and focus better , and maybe use a separate obsidian one as my ussual pendant and some other obsidian just for scrying and looking into.

and also I didnt ask (I use ask instead of prgram becaus it sounds weird , I just tell my crystal I'd like it to help me in this or that aspect , haha , it is not a machine , haha) I didnt ask it to help me scry or allow me to do it before I started scrying.

anyway , live and learn , maybe next time I'll do better.

pluss the ability to scry'd be great help during my finals hahaha

Padma

so I've been trying to scry for maybe an hour maybe half an hour , I dont know.

trying to scry then closing my eyes , trying to focus , trying to call whatever energys of the universe or tezcatlipoca or whatever , breathing and then trying to scry again stop and repeat etc.

and I think I did saw the " smoke" some people mention , I do know my reflection in my obsidian disapeared , and was replaced by either total blackness or some kind of smoky gray ish tint or something whatever it is called ( omg you can tottaly tell Im tired because aparently 3/4 of my vocabulary are gone , and I just realized I wrote "OMG" and "Tottaly" so there's that)

now my eyes kinds hurt , and so does my forehead , I think that is the chakra related to the third eye , right? maybe it is working , I think I did something worng ,or a lot of things wrong haha , but I do know it suposedly takes a loooooong while for someone to even beging seeing things and I think I saw a deer skull , or something with antlers , maybe it was a deer skull mask.

I think I need more preparation and have a clear intention , and focus better , and maybe use a separate obsidian one as my ussual pendant and some other obsidian just for scrying and looking into.

and also I didnt ask (I use ask instead of prgram becaus it sounds weird , I just tell my crystal I'd like it to help me in this or that aspect , haha , it is not a machine , haha) I didnt ask it to help me scry or allow me to do it before I started scrying.

anyway , live and learn , maybe next time I'll do better.

pluss the ability to scry'd be great help during my finals hahaha

Hey Mino, you are doing some fabulous exploration with that stone. I was glad to see it helped you in dealing with your mother - family relationships are very difficult, so being able to speak your truth without hurting her is great!

And as to scrying, while I am certain there are "rules" for it, if you feel that it is working for you the way you did it, then just keep trying without trying - like, just stare at the stone and let it speak and show images, sometimes the more we worry about rules and the more we consciously try to do something, the less likely it is to happen.

I do a form of scrying, I hold objects and they tell me pictures of the person connected to it - but I have to be totally relaxed and not trying, or it won't work...I think maybe the same applies to actual stone or mirror scrying.

The fact that you saw a head with deer antlers actually suggests to me the old pagan male god, who always appeared as a stag with antlers. His Celtic name is Cernunnos. Since you are working with a root chakra stone, it seems to me that it makes sense you should first see the male spirit of the earth, the male god who rules the earth. :) hope that helps.

Maybe Cernunnos is the Celtic version of your Mexican god you work with...? Cernunnos can also represent shamanistic capabilities, I think he was associated with the Druids as well. :)

Here is a link on him for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernunnos

Empath111

Obsidian has been a great grounding tool for me in my spiritual endeavors. For some reason I find darker stones and crystals to be more effective to me personally while grounding -- maybe it's because they're less visually distracting to me than stones like sunstone or amazonite.

I've had great success with obsidian, Apache tears, hematite, snowflake obsidian, and blue tiger's eye. Snowflake obsidian is currently my favorite (right up there with hematite and normal obsidian). I find obsidian in whichever form to be grounding, calming, and stabilizing. I don't carry it around with me because mine's rather heavy, but it's still an amazing stone with wonderful capabilities.
That's what I need - a super- duper grounder. :)
I have a large hematite - love it!

wildchilde

great investigative work, Minos! I think you may be right about needing to ask the crystal to help you/allow you to work with it in this way. They are very eager to please but can be stubborn and unhelpful when they feel manipulated or like they need to protect us from ourselves ;)

I don't know about the need for another one to use for scrying. On the one hand, the longer you have had/worked with a certain stone the stronger your relationship to it is which might be a plus in this situation, but on the other hand I'm not sure if you would want to carry around or expose your scrying stone to all kinds of outside energies like that by wearing it in public. I guess that is just something you will have to determine for yourself.

wildchilde

Heeeee's baaaaaaack

I have been impatiently waiting for my member upgrade to go through just so I could post these pics of my little obsidian man who showed up again...

sheeesh, now that I see him again, I remember why he is soooo unappealing. LOL

Attachments

• WP_000077.jpg
    WP_000077.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 359
  • WP_000079.jpg
    WP_000079.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 376

Minotauro

I have been impatiently waiting for my member upgrade to go through just so I could post these pics of my little obsidian man who showed up again...

sheeesh, now that I see him again, I remember why he is soooo unappealing. LOL

it is a rather fugly guy , it doesnt even look well carved , haha and I do wonder how uch they charge tourists for stuff like this?

it doesnt even look aztc not like a nor like a warrior , not even like any king , it looks like how a bad movie may despict aztecs haha

mine kinda looks like an alien =P haha

Minotauro

so , just in case you were wondering , obsidian doesnt protect you from tickets , money issues or burocracy hahaha

but at least and despite everything bad that happened today I dont feel bad I dont feel super stressed out and/or frustrated or sad or anything really despite my car being in the city garage until at least tomorrow X) and my dad probably getting mad at me tonight haha

but I probably should cleanse it now after all that happened haha

Minotauro

great investigative work, Minos! I think you may be right about needing to ask the crystal to help you/allow you to work with it in this way. They are very eager to please but can be stubborn and unhelpful when they feel manipulated or like they need to protect us from ourselves ;)

I don't know about the need for another one to use for scrying. On the one hand, the longer you have had/worked with a certain stone the stronger your relationship to it is which might be a plus in this situation, but on the other hand I'm not sure if you would want to carry around or expose your scrying stone to all kinds of outside energies like that by wearing it in public. I guess that is just something you will have to determine for yourself.

well that is the thing for what I felt I think this one wants to keep on protecting me , its what it has always been used for. maybe I after I cleanse it it could ask it help on scrying , now I just ordered an obsidian pyramid , its the first time I get crystals I didnt see or touched myself ,

is there a thread about crystal shapes? I dont even know what the pyramids are used for haha ,soething about energy , but obsian doesnt radiate energy it absorbs it , how does that work? hahaha I want a bigger obsdian mirror X) haha